rumblefish's Duster project

-
After all your hard work on that beast this weekend, you DESERVE some good food!!!!! This is such a great thread ... nothing like being up close and personal. It feels so much like a front row seat that I can look down and see a lil grease under my nails and smell that chicken parmesan and garlic bread. Great work!

Love the Tweetie Bird floor mats too btw. :-D

[Edit]: Just caught a glimpse of the tape measure in the background. Cracks me up that you actually measured the thickness of the food for an accurate post. Gotta love ya Rob!!!!!!!!

Thanks Leanna, theres a story behind that as well.

The wife ordered out, same dish as you see there, but came in a 5 inch tin, no chicken and enuff parm shesse to starve a mouse. The extra insult to this is the bread the gave me with the meal, a small Italin bread loaf... was stone cold hard and stale.

I went to the place and asked questions with seriously snooty replies and lots of "I don't knows"

How do you not know the biz your working in!?!?!?!?!?!

Sooo snooty the Eh-hem - lady was, I asked here to go check what happened. Well with a wrinkled face and a puff, she goes to the back. I',m like WTF is that all about?

I throw the food up on the counter and walk out!

NOW, I go to the regular place, order up, takes less than 15 min.'s vs the 1 hour wait of the other place, and say YES BROTHER!!!! NOW WERE TALKIN!!!!!!!!

THIS is so nice, I have to take a picture and mail it out with a thank you note to the place that screwed up my order and make a mentiuon on how damn good it was and remark on how happy I am that I got a seriously large portion all thanks to them.... for screwing up my order so bad, I went down the block only to discover a better place that is happy to serve me and surpply a better amount of better tasting food without a snooty reply on why I only got a 5 inch tin on a dinner order without any chicken!

I'll close it with another thank you and of course, you bet i'll never return!
Thanks for screwing up my dinner with my family, sincerly yours an "X" customer spreading the word on the new place. etc...,a nd other such insults.

Hey Rumble i think it's year one who has the plastic headliners,i'll ask my brother he put a new one in his demon and it was plastic,he had to trim it just a tad though.Was plastic with cloth covering it.

Hey Rob what kinda rear defrost is that? Haven't seen one like it....

AWESOME thread Rumblefish. A great resource and inspiration for those of us in the beginning stages of our rebuilds. I've got a 69 Dart and am starting with floors, minitub, and connectors. I don't know how to weld nor do I have a welder, yet, so I have connected with a body guy near me to help and teach. It's going to cost a bit but I'm looking forward to the experience. I live and attend school in Switzerland so I'm only home working over the holidays generally. It's gonna be a fun couple weeks this Christmas. If there are any FABO members that live in the West Michigan area (Grand Rapids or near) that are willing to help with my project and teach me at the same time, I'd be appreciative and willing to offer some compensation.

Thanks again for the great thread and inspiration. Keep up the good work. Will

Rob, Looking great. How did that package tray fit ?The one I bought for the Scamp was about 1" to narrow. The guy tried to tell me my headliner wasnt installed right. Funny being it was the original headliner and everything fit fne before.

CudaChick1968; Some people tell me I forgive to easy and wait to long waiting and hopin. I tell'em I like to give enuff rope to let them hang themselfs well and I let the world see what they did.
This is not one of those areas to be so. Everything was sub standard from jump street. I never send food back.

ace26; I'll cruise Year One on-line again, I didn't see it, but, I wasn't looking for it ethier. Let me know what you find out when your brother gets back to you.

mguner; It's a simple squrrile (SP I know, I know) cage with a felxable hose going up to the vent. The dash has a switch, 3 position, of, low, high, located on the drivers side down low nearly under the dash.

swisswill; Thanks man! Theres a lot of dudes from that area here.

AdamR; fit so tight, it had a slight bow I could not rid. A 1/4 inch trim would be all that would be needed for a near perfect slide in with a 1/16 gap on each side.
The guy tried to tell me my headliner wasnt installed right. Funny being it was the original headliner and everything fit fne before.
Don'tcha just love it when they say crap like that?

Rob, Tons of great info in this thread! i have'nt read it all yet...but i know i will be refering bcak to it often! Good job!
I want to get another 65 Barracuda when i am done with the 67 and i know this info will come in handy!

Sounds cool. I'm glad your getting back to the A Body. I checked with the guy at the body shop about my Dart and he showed me something that is to put between the two layers of metal to seal. I don't remember the name but I can get it. He used it between the new rear skins and the old body work. It's to be sprayed on then the new metal applied and then welded. It is suppose to seal between the metal to prevent rust starting in between. Sounds cool. I'm sure many here already know what I'm talking about but it was new to me. Got a new Eastwood cataloge this week, man my mouth is still drooling.
Glad to hear things are going well.

Thanks 540. Just stalled on it due to winter and $$$. Looking fowrad to rear 1/4's come spring and back to the track with the fixed up Holley.

I went down to ATCO on there MoPar gathering day and ran an untuned carb and distributor to a 15.14 @ 89 w/2.2's for a 60 footer. Not bad for bolt on's and a baby Crane cam w/3.21 gears.

Theres 14's in the car, no problem. Once I get the 625 Carter tuned in better and the distibutor in line right. Then I'll change to the Holley for Ha ha's.
(After all, this is what the thread is about.)
Then I'll do some stupid Chit like a Strip Dom and 800. LOL
Anybody got bet's on times? He he he ha ha ha ha

Hey there rumble, I pretty much am in the same boat as you :). Except I need a full floor, I am surprised my foot didn't go through the floor when I got in it lol...I have a 73 /6 duster, which is pretty rough. Great to read about your progress. I look forward to read about your future updates.

Looking forward to reading more of your progress! Anything since the last post?

Not yet. Not yet. Waiting for a warm day, a few extra bucks in the pocket. Then I'm off to the track.
On the body, no parts yet. Same sentence as above. Waiting for a warm day, a few extra bucks in the pocket and then I'm on the phone sayin, "Send to me this item!"

I did take out the instrement panel for a look around for that noise when the wiper is on, got pulled away and done jack since. LOL. I want to order up a blank panel for custom gauge work.

Well, it'll be for sale soon, as is, un finished, as seen in the thread except for a factory iron intake replaced the Edelbrock. 2 smaller tires replaced the front ones. (195/70/14)

I have been stuck for a year. It's happened before.

Time to cut bait. Plain and simple.

To many projects, 40% pay cut.
Just cuttin bate for now. I'll try and finish up the Magnum. I just need a drivers rear 1/4 panel and I can start assembling the car.
The 73 Cuda is in the sites most of all.

Ladies and Gents, it is with regret that I inform you of the cars sale to a young gun of about 28, a few miles from me. The time has come to cut bait and so I did.

He knows and has been to the FABO site, so, we may yet see the car again.

Thanks for joining me on this fun stuff. It sucks that I stop just shy of purchase's of body panels, I had the list drawn up and was almost ready to make phone calls to order them up.

Should there be any questions about the car and what I did or how it was done, just post'em up.

Thanks, Rob

Not to soon. I want to finish up my Magnum and then move onto my Cuda. When the time comes, I want a Demon.

What I have learned from Rumblefish
1: How to put in a floor pan
2: How to install my headers and connect to my exhaust
3: How to hook up my Lokar Kickdown
4: How to make a build thread (found a little late tho)

Time saved? Countless hours
Amount owed? A case of beer at least!
Thanks for the thread!:supz:

Sorry to here that but you got to do what you got to do now a days to get buy. I hope the guy you sell it to does her right.

-
Back