Rumbles friendly comp. race entry

-
I'm not in the position to make the deadline for this. :sad7:

I'm spread too thin on too many projects right now. :cherry:

It sounds fun. :eek:ccasion:

Hopefully I can do it if this happens again in a year or two.... :clock:

I will peek in on the thread and harass you guys periodically... :hello2: :poke:

This fits you,to a tee, K.K......

I'm going to enter this here competition.. The car is a 75 Dart Sport that my Mopar Dad Harold and I have been working on, it was born with a smoggy 225/904 and is getting the heart transplant from my 72 Dart custom I picked up a few months ago that has been my DD. I'm switching both cars front clips, motor/trans, k-frames, and also rear ends (the sport has a sbp 7.25 with small brakes for some reason). The plan is to have a Sport/Demon 318 with headers, 4 barrel, nice duals out the back for not that much money when all is said and done.. Shooting for at least mid 15s N/A, and in the 14s with a little bottle maybe..

So far the Sport has the front clip off it and switched to the Custom, the control arms are off and painted and new poly bushings are installed..

Attachments

• 10881371_577644409034702_1501276671_n.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 10847015_577646815701128_1941214169_n.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 20141107_162209.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 10877464_577645495701260_770761674_n.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 154

Attached Images

Did you have to make brackets to raise up those summit racing seats or did they come at that height? Or... did you get them that way? Was thinking of buying them for 71 swinger. Was wondering how much I would need to modify them to fit well. Any info/experience appreciated.

I really wish this was going on back before I rebuilt my motor! Sadly I would say my aluminum headed small block is out so I'll be a spectator and mouth runner! Have fun.

Attached Images

Did you have to make brackets to raise up those summit racing seats or did they come at that height? Or... did you get them that way? Was thinking of buying them for 71 swinger. Was wondering how much I would need to modify them to fit well. Any info/experience appreciated.

I will have to ask my future Son-in-law when he gets home tonight from work. We're sharing the ride, this will be mostly his deal for now. But, the seats are from his old ride. When I bolted them in, I didn't really look to hard at them, but I do beileve that there a simple 1X1 box beam cut to length and bolted to the seat tracks. Then holes drilled at the ends of the box beam. Position the seats, mark the holes and drill into the floor , bolt down.

I really wish this was going on back before I rebuilt my motor! Sadly I would say my aluminum headed small block is out so I'll be a spectator and mouth runner! Have fun.

You'll be in next year. I can't organize multiple categories.
Next years "Freindly Comp" has expanding rules and catogories. I've been getting feed back from some of the members on it.

For now, it's the K.I.S.S. Route. 1 thing at a time.
You'll have to look up the other threads on the matter.

This one (thread) is just the car. A little show and tell, Q&A.

I'm going to enter this here competition.. The car is a 75 Dart Sport that my Mopar Dad Harold and I have been working on, it was born with a smoggy 225/904 and is getting the heart transplant from my 72 Dart custom I picked up a few months ago that has been my DD. I'm switching both cars front clips, motor/trans, k-frames, and also rear ends (the sport has a sbp 7.25 with small brakes for some reason). The plan is to have a Sport/Demon 318 with headers, 4 barrel, nice duals out the back for not that much money when all is said and done.. Shooting for at least mid 15s N/A, and in the 14s with a little bottle maybe..

So far the Sport has the front clip off it and switched to the Custom, the control arms are off and painted and new poly bushings are installed..

Did we OK the bottle? I don't think so.... Check the rule thread.

Start your own thread so people do not get confused on what car I'm running. Yes, I know it's all in black and white print but I know have (stupid) people asking me about the blue duster.
I have a yellow duster. The say no! You have the blue duster, I'm looking right at it!

Can't fix stupid!

You'll be in next year. I can't organize multiple categories.
Next years "Freindly Comp" has expanding rules and catogories. I've been getting feed back from some of the members on it.

For now, it's the K.I.S.S. Route. 1 thing at a time.
You'll have to look up the other threads on the matter.

This one (thread) is just the car. A little show and tell, Q&A.

No worries. It's tough to really organize something that big and I'm not the type to cry when I can't play!

The tracks are going to be open soon!

Anybody else get there car?
Any headway out there?

Did we OK the bottle? I don't think so.... Check the rule thread.

Is there really a rule thread (I may qualify)? or is this an evil plot to get me to have to read several pages of thread to try to find out? Let me know when you find out about those summit seats please and thank you. There is a pair complete with pads for sale in town for $100.

Is there really a rule thread (I may qualify)? or is this an evil plot to get me to have to read several pages of thread to try to find out? Let me know when you find out about those summit seats please and thank you. There is a pair complete with pads for sale in town for $100.

Check this section, just a little further up for the rules! He's got a set in his duster. He put them in because they are cheaper then finding originals. Get them and put them in! And, please start a thread. Good luck

looks like the one I'm improving was the one for the competition. Just spent 5K building the motor. Ordered tranny and converter from Cope Racing (2K).
Was from the side of barn 71 swinger. 318. 727. Aluminum intake and 600 edelbrock marine 4bbl. modified the valve body. put 81/4 sure grip carrier and 3:55 ring/pinion. Ran it for 3 years driving back and forth to track about 100 miles each direction. Ran 15 to 15.30s on street tires. Stock suspension. Air shocks. Spin city or 2.2+ 60 foot times. Have hundreds of time slips for this car. Hope to have it back to the track start of this season. After spending 8K I think I won't qualify for this competition.

OK, double checked with Jason, the seats, it is as I said.

I say just race it as it is and list the improvements as you go. Some members will purchase a car all ready done or close to done. They'll spend 6K or so on the car and then they will want to improve/upgrade from there. So I say join in and use your point as ground zero.

-
Back