Run what ya brung

-
Awesome..love the old skool racing.As I sit waiting to start a sunny day of bracket racing.(DSE)
Cool Scott,At dragway? They are opening up the old Picton airport in Sept for a run what ya brung event, I'll find out the date and post it up.:burnout:

There wasn't one car on that vid that is what I'd call 'run whut ya brung' but that was one heck of a great video!!!

God, I miss those days!!!

Come on down to Paragould Arkansas and go back in time and get a race in :burnout:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTHTC9efdsQ"]1956 F100 at George Ray's Dragstrip - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• George Ray's 2013 039.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 122
  • George Ray's 2013 088.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 118
GODDAMN! I so miss high compression, and big solids? ..... Great video!

Awesome thanks for sharing. I think I am after my time, not to wish my life away but every time I see theese old videos it makes me think of my uncle's 67 ford fairlane with a 390 4 speed and n 50's.

Memike that track reminds me of our track (thunder valley) Bethany Mo one of the fastest 1/8 mile tracks around. Heads up lbs/ci. Nothing like having a 750 hp burn out and launch 20 foot from the spectators. I'll have to look and see if I can find a pic of my boy Anthony standing on the railing at the launch pad. Pretty laid back but some real power was made at this track.

Try another enjoy! This is the 10lb/ci class.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpwdNnxCUh4&feature=player_detailpage"]Cobalt VS Nova - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks Dartman for posting that video. :thumbrig:

Having grown up in Maryland, being at that track many times, going to Grumpy's shop, and mostly.....the shot's of Malcolm Durham, almost bring a tear to my eye... M.D. was one the most friendly, helpful people in my early days. You could stop by his shop in Hyattsville and get answers to questions about any issue you may have had on any brand. Most think he was strictly a Chevy guy. Not true at all, he knew his stuff about anything, and helped me with many Mopar issues. When he was there, he would talk to you just like you were his next door neighbor, and was always interested in what i was working on at the time.

Sadly, while cool, he's buried in the same cemetery as my father. I miss them both.

-
Back