Runing a 518 with out a computer conversion kit?

-
46rh does not need a computer to shift...the H stands for hydraulic....all you need is a switch to engage the overdrive...

That's pretty cool. If it works like it's advertised that would be great. Too bad most A body transmission tunnels have to be modified to accept a overdrive. (especially the 727 base O?D trannys.) Quite a few guys have converted to a 2004r GM trans because of the small case size. Aparently folding the pinch weld on the lower part of the firewall and a modified trans crosmember are the only fit issues.

That's pretty cool. If it works like it's advertised that would be great. Too bad most A body transmission tunnels have to be modified to accept a overdrive. (especially the 727 base O?D trannys.) Quite a few guys have converted to a 2004r GM trans because of the small case size. Aparently folding the pinch weld on the lower part of the firewall and a modified trans crosmember are the only fit issues.
I will be using the 518 because I will be getting it for free. But I have read about guy,s installing the GM trans.

46rh does not need a computer to shift...the H stands for hydraulic....all you need is a switch to engage the overdrive...
Yes you are right RE would be electric. Must be a typo on there end.

-
Back