running a vin # help

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I bought a '66 Valiant last night and I am trying to run the vin #. Got it all figured out except the sequence #. the last 6 numbers in the vin is 599665. can anybody tell me what this comes up with. just curious because this is the first one I have had with a 273 in it. Thanks,Bill

That is just a sequence number. You can't tell anything specific about it. Do you have the fender tag?

If you have the fender tag the engine code is under the capital A and B. 31 is a 2 barrel 273 and 32 is a 4 barrel engine.

That is just a sequence number. You can't tell anything specific about it. Do you have the fender tag?
I got home late last night with it and I didnt even check yet. I know it is a V8. I am assuming it is a 273. I hope it is. I will check it today.

The SO number on the fender tag tells the scheduled production date
I dont know what you are calling the SO # but here is a pic of the fender tag. can you tell anything from this.

DSC04188.JPG

It looks like 1 1 which is Jan 1st 1966

where do I find out this information. Apparently this car color was silver.Body was VH41 and trim was H1Q. is there any place that will tell me all this info. Thanks,Bill
I have a Galen white book.

C5 is Torqueflite S1 is heater VH41 should be the same as your VIN. V=Plymouth Valiant H=High price class, 41 is a 4 door sedan.
TRM H1Q is H=High trim grade, 1=Bench seat cloth and vinyl, and Q is Turquoise. (that doesn't seem right but does it have turquoise interior?)

C5 is Torqueflite S1 is heater VH41 should be the same as your VIN. V=Plymouth Valiant H=High price class, 41 is a 4 door sedan.
TRM H1Q is H=High trim grade, 1=Bench seat cloth and vinyl, and Q is Turquoise. (that doesn't seem right but does it have turquoise interior?)
Yes, there is Turquois in the interior. Well some kid replaced the front seat with some buckets out of who knows what but the back seat is a blue cloth and vinyl just like the seats in the other 66 I was rebuilding until I found the floor was rotted out from side to side.I was just getting ready to send the seat covers and door panels to SMS to be redone when this car came up. So I guess I will be changing the color from H1T to H1Q. The H1Q is the right number then for the interior right. The Q on the tag is distorted and I wanted to make sure of what I have. One more thing. Who reproduces fender tags now. I would like to get a better one. I think Galen died or at least everything on his website is down. Thanks,Mike for all this info. It helps a lot.

so on that # 110000230 do you think that this car was made on 1/1/66 and it was the 230th car made that day?????

Also buffed silver paint and the car was ordered as equipped. It's interesting that the upper door frame color is tan according to my info. Kinda strange with a silver car and turquoise interior.

Yes, there is Turquois in the interior. Well some kid replaced the front seat with some buckets out of who knows what but the back seat is a blue cloth and vinyl just like the seats in the other 66 I was rebuilding until I found the floor was rotted out from side to side.I was just getting ready to send the seat covers and door panels to SMS to be redone when this car came up. So I guess I will be changing the color from H1T to H1Q. The H1Q is the right number then for the interior right. The Q on the tag is distorted and I wanted to make sure of what I have. One more thing. Who reproduces fender tags now. I would like to get a better one. I think Galen died or at least everything on his website is down. Thanks,Mike for all this info. It helps a lot.
Galen allegedly join FABO a couple of months ago. I can't remember his user name.

Also buffed silver paint and the car was ordered as equipped. It's interesting that the upper door frame color is tan according to my info. Kinda strange with a silver car and turquoise interior.
where did you come up with upper door frame being tan.

Galen is a member here. Frenchman is his screen name. You might want to send him a PM. He's not Gold so his inbox may be full. Also, he hasn't been here since Feb 3 so you may not get a response right away.

Galen is a member here. Frenchman is his screen name. You might want to send him a PM. He's not Gold so his inbox may be full. Also, he hasn't been here since Feb 3 so you may not get a response right away.
I dont really need to get ahold of him. I would like to know where to get one of those white books you have though. you know who sells them.

I dont really need to get ahold of him. I would like to know where to get one of those white books you have though. you know who sells them.
I think they are out of print. The Mopar parts sellers have them listed but none in stock. The one I quoted from was 1966-68. THe parts interchange books are a must have. You can find used ones for sale at swap meets. Ah, your lucky day, Mega Parts has the one you need. Chrysler Corporation Production Option Code Book 1966-68, Production # Books, 147-GGB104 Reproduction, NOS and Used Mopar Muscle Car Parts

The parts interchange volume 1 is the one you need. Volume 2 has more obscure parts.

I think they are out of print. The Mopar parts sellers have them listed but none in stock. The one I quoted from was 1966-68. THe parts interchange books are a must have. You can find used ones for sale at swap meets. Ah, your lucky day, Mega Parts has the one you need. Chrysler Corporation Production Option Code Book 1966-68, Production # Books, 147-GGB104 Reproduction, NOS and Used Mopar Muscle Car Parts
ok, I just bought this one. What is the parts interchange volume 1 you talk about in #24. this another book. thanks

-
Back