Running like a champ

-

mad mike

Reaction score
I finally got my 360 magnum up and running. I put in an electronic ignition system by Pretronics distributors. Its the flame thrower 3 system with matching coil. Mechanical advance. No more points to mess with. Runs fantastic was a little costly but, well worth the money. As soon as I find a 8.75 rear I can afford I'll be changing that next . I'm thinking 393 gears should work nicely. The 8.25 that's in it now won't last. Anybody have any thoughts I'd like to hear them. Remember this is a 66 Barracuda with the small bolt pattern and 13 inch wheels I would like to go to 15 inch in the back and leave the 13s in front

I finally got my 360 magnum up and running. I put in an electronic ignition system by Pretronics distributors. Its the flame thrower 3 system with matching coil. Mechanical advance. No more points to mess with. Runs fantastic was a little costly but, well worth the money. As soon as I find a 8.75 rear I can afford I'll be changing that next . I'm thinking 393 gears should work nicely. The 8.25 that's in it now won't last. Anybody have any thoughts I'd like to hear them. Remember this is a 66 Barracuda with the small bolt pattern and 13 inch wheels I would like to go to 15 inch in the back and leave the 13s in front
If you've actually got an 8.25 in it, it'll last just fine. I doubt that you do, though; since you said you have small bolt pattern and 8.25s never came in small bolt pattern- you probably have a 7.25.
An A body 8.25 would be a good upgrade, and much cheaper than a 8.75- but as said, they only came in big bolt pattern, in '73 and later A bodies.
Good luck with the Pertronix.

Last edited:
I’m guessing you meant it has a 7.25 rear with SBP axles. Don’t overlook an A Body 8.25 as they are pretty stout themselves

If you've actually got an 8.25 in it, it'll last just fine. I doubt that you do, though; since you said you have small bolt pattern and 8.25s never came in small bolt pattern- you probably have a 7.25.
An A body 8.25 would be a good upgrade, and much cheaper than a 8.75- but as said, they only came in big bolt pattern, in '73 and later A bodies.
Good luck with the Pertronix.
Yes I made a mistake it is a 7.25 I don't know what I was thinking. Thank you for getting back to me.

-
Back