Rust free rust buckets . . .

-
WELL I will jump in and say it again..... IF you don't go and see the vehicle for yourself and make the GO/NO GO decision based on your OWN investigation.....you are buying a "PIG IN A POKE" and you have NO ROOM to *****!!! You also have NO ROOM to ***** about what another person considers as rust free..... people have been interpreting the words in our language since the day it was formulated.
There is NO steel that is RUST FREE even stainLESS is only LESS susceptible to rust NOT FREE OF IT! What you are seeking in a 40+ year old car is "minimal rust" and only YOU can determine what is acceptable to you and the ONLY way to do that is by personal inspection. Hence never believe what you read, that is only the beginning.... GO SEE IT FOR YOURSELF! and don't blame the seller for trying to put his item in the best possible light.....if you rely on people being 100% HONEST that is CLEARLY an
"ID ten T" error!!!!

very true but when I am told it's rust free running/driving and I drive 3.5hr to go buy it and the carb is frozen shut, missing plug wires and rusted past the body line on one of the 1/4s.......

That's nothin - I drove 5 hours to Missouri to look at a 70 Ambassador a couple years ago. I had 2 pictures and his word - his word wasn't worth diddly. :sad10: All I can say is it was a Missouri ditch rider. :toothy8: I can go on for hours about that car. Had $2000 on the windshield, $1500 when I called and had him talked down to less than a $1000 when I left. When I got there it was a total POS - he said I could drive it home - the front end was so mangled it wouldn't drive straight and the brakes kept locking up - I figured it wouldn't get 50 miles. He was real firm on the $1500 price, too - after he suckered me into driving there 400 miles. :thebirdm: I guess that's why they call Missouri the "show me" state - I never saw a bigger lier in my whole life. :violent1:

He just put the same car up on Craigslist a couple weeks ago - he wants $2500 for it now. . . . . . :roll:

It's gone, now - "off white interior" was underlined a couple of minutes ago and when I put the cursor on it a little spam add popped up for ladies sandles. Same thing happened to me a few days ago. :scratch:
I've seen this on a lot of posts lately and I was wondering about it, too. It looks like a spammer got on here somehow.

I looked at a Polara yesterday that was supposed to have no rust except in the trunk and the first thing I saw was cracked bondo in the right side quarter panel. The left side was badly bubbled with rust about to break through. Many sellers are just not honest when describing their cars. It just seems to be human nature or something.:dontknow:

-
Back