Rust oleum engine paint

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
Ok which Rust O leum red have you Guys been using on your Mopars.I have heard this is some really good engine paint.
There is Ford red #248948,Gloss red #248962, or Chrysler Industial red 248956.I think the darker Industrial would look better.I have even kicked around painting my engine black,but I think I will go with red.

Anyone have pics of their red engine?

Thanks, Jim

I don't know about the rust o red but I painted mine with the 500 deg rust o black and it sprayed but than any of the other brands I've used.

i used chrysler engine red. it looked so generic and like crap. i painted over it with chrysler engine orange... MUCH BETTER ....yes im trying to talk you into orange lol

Attachments

• a43.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,225
  • a41.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,055
Mine is a 67.So if I go with a factory color I will go with red.I am just not sure which shade is correct or close to correct.

I put crysler red on my slanty...looks awesome

Attachments

• just playin 009.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,066
  • just playin 007.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,043
  • just playin 016.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 1,002
Mine is a 67.So if I go with a factory color I will go with red.I am just not sure which shade is correct or close to correct.

ahhhh gotchya. believe it or not , the best red in a can i have used is duplicolor high temp ford engine red. BECAUSE it is brighter than the chrysler red. i dont know if you are trying to match the factory color exactly, but i liked it better. sorry , no pics

This is International Harvester red, it was the closest I have ever found to the factory paint. The industrial red was too orange in my opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_5822 (Small).JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 1,120
The Bright Red is a little on the orange side, or, more accurately the Industrial Red is a little more blue. I've used both on engines, and have been reasonably pleased with the results. They hold up reasonably well, but remain soft for a while especially when used over their red oxide primer. This is Bright Red on the Buick 350 out of my Gladiator.

Attachments

• B350.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 2,770
here is some more of the duplicolor high temp chrysler red i found pics of. i repainted the engine orange because i didnt like it. and yes i douched the bay later on lol

Attachments

• d60.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1,026
  • d65.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 974
I really like the Rustoleum engine paints. I use the heck out of there semi gloss black. But when it cam time to paint my engine I bought the real Mopar red engine paint. Went on great and is holding up great!

Attachments

• 100_0940.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 3,018
I heard the Rustoleum was really really good so I thought I would try it...I have used the Mopar Perf. paint in the past and its OK.

Jim

useing the mopar red it looks alot better if you spray over it with vht clear.then it looks real nice same with the other colors.my blue came out pretty slick...

I sprayed my motor with the same urethane single-stage I painted the rest of my car with. it's held up great, (in fact, better than the rustoleum engine black I used on everything else.) And it looks awesome.

dartnessmotor2.jpg

So really, if you've got a paint store around you, you can order just about whatever color you want, have them put it into a rattle can, and spray away!

Jim, I used Rust-oleum 248956 industrial red on my 408 thinking it'd be more like the old red but even it's a little on the orange side. Not nearly as orange as Mopar perf. orange but definetly not like what I remember the old Chrysler red looking like. It covered real well (much better than Mopar Perf. paint) and is darker but if you want it to look more like yours should I'd look into their Ford red.

-
Back