RustOleum on my floors & ceiling?

-
Can the bedliner stuff be applied to bare metal?? Had a spray in company do the floor of an old truck. Held up well, but did not do much for heat/noise reduction other than stopping a bit of the buzz.......and made clean up after a romp in the mud pretty easy...

Can the bedliner stuff be applied to bare metal?? Had a spray in company do the floor of an old truck. Held up well, but did not do much for heat/noise reduction other than stopping a bit of the buzz.......and made clean up after a romp in the mud pretty easy...

I dont know that why i was thinking about using the rustoleum primer (only 30 for a gallon)

I used Lizard Skin in the past. Other than being high $$ it worked well. Was put over scuffed up paint. Been thinking about my old truck, it was sprayed over scuffed up paint so you are probably going in the right direction. Only thing I did not like about the truck is if the liner material started to peel it lifted in chunks. So if you have to drill any holes etc after it is applied use sharp bits so they go thru easy......

I once shot Rustoleum on a 63 Buicks roof. Reduce it with Acetone and shoot it. I paint professionally now but I would shoot Rustoleum for that. Its messy, sticky and takes a while to dry. Good luck!

ever consider rust bullet ? u may want to read a little on it on their web page..expensive -YES but puts PDR ,Rustoleum to the test challenge

Def expensive but Hod Rod mag and many restorers swear by it.....can be sprayed or hand painted...did test patch last fall on an old rusty Dakota hole just to see and seems to have stopped in its tracks....also did all steel sfaft off old tractor plow head, left out last winter and other than little dirt can't see any change on it...just has a small can at time for testing...thinking I may do whole interior on my duster once I remove interior (I want to see what underneath and do a floor pan that now has pencil size holes popping out etc)

for floors in my moms duster my dart sport and my dads roadrunner we went to home depot and there is a spray can of rustoleum automotive rust converter primer, we shoot that on any spots that we had to wire wheel and then there is small pints of rustoleum black brush on thick goopy rust preventer paint

-
Back