Rustyratrod benefit auction

-

Dart_Doctor

Asa style
Reaction score
Howdy yall. I just got word that our friend Rob (RustyRatRod) is struggling to keep Kitty's and his head above water. Yall think we can help them out?:sad5:

I don't have my head all that far above here, but I can kick in something

As usual, I can't kick in any cash but I have a $75 Phoenix Specialty Coatings Gift Certificate to put out there to the highest bidder. All proceeds will of course go to RustyRatRod Rob and his lovely wife Kitty. I'll leave bidding open through 12:00 a.m. Central time on May 31, 2013.

We've all been in tight spots ourselves. Some of us still are and probably always will be ... but we have to at least try.

Here's a sample of what you can expect if you win it.

View attachment Gift Certificate Sample.jpg

Thanks for starting this out Asa! You're a true friend who isn't afraid to jump in with both feet ... :-D

Asa, I really appreciate the thought. It's very generous. But before anybody jumps on the bandwagon, let me enlighten you. We are not fixin to lose our house. Our house ain't burned down. ...and thank GOD. I don't want anybody's help who doesn;t know what they are getting into and I am stone cold honest about it so here it is.

Back on Valentine's Day, Kitty lost her job. Two weeks later, so did I. We already lived paycheck to paycheck, but we made more than enough to get by. We essentially went 60 solid days 2700 dollars a month down on income. That' a lotta money. My only income is SS disability. I am allowed to work through SS, BUT my disability is such that it will be literally impossible for me to find something else that was like what I had. Automotive related is all I know. I thought it was more permanent than it turned out to be. So much so, we incurred debt based on that income. That was a mistake I wish I had not made. What can I say? We're all human. We all make mistakes.

I lost my job with at lease a week's warning. Although I feel like they could have kept me on another 60 days since Kitty had JUST lost her job, they did not. Business they said had been too slow for too long.....and really they were right. It just sucked.

Now Kitty has found a job.....making less than half what she did at the local hospital. It's literally all she could find. So, we are having to cut everything we can think of. The landline and internet service will be next. what's gonna happen is, I am gonna slip and miss a payment somewhere and it's gonna be a domino effect. So far, I have been a master of keepin the bills up to date and us floatin along, but I see a problem on the CLOSE horizon.

I'm not askin for a handout here. I'l make it simple All I need is for somebody to buy my stuff. My 318 that's back up for sale and my Hemi. I shouldn't keep any of that while we're in dire straits. It's not right. I WAS going to put the Dart, Coronet and rat truck up for sale, but Kitty put her foot down. She said that I need to keep something and that if the Hemi and 318 sales would help get us out of it, then that's what needed to go.

Yall all know me here. I'm a straight shooter and I don't BS around. If I build something and I say it's right, it's right. You won't be buying junk. I'm really surprised. I haven't had one single bite on the Hemi, either. I think my price is a fair one for an Early Chrysler Firepower. But as my ad says, I am open to offers. Same with the 318. I had the 318 sold, but the buyer decided it wasn't for him, so I am back to square one with it too. Only drawback is I cannot ship. I guess I could strap them to a pallet....but that's on down the road. I need them to sell first.

Anything yall can do to help us avert ts disaster is greatly appreciated. Because this time, it will happen if I don't sell something. It won;t hurt my feelins to throw a slant six in the rat truck. I guess I need knockin down a peg or two. LMAO

Oh and if prayers are all you can do, they are appreciated as well.

I wish I could help Rob, but im basically in the same boat. I have been trying to sell off a few things myself to pay some bills. I hope things turn around soon for all of us.

No kiddin. That's exactly why I threw that intake in the pile for Brian. It was something I COULD do and I did it. Just pray for us. Thanks.

Asa, if you start a benefit auction, I can find something to toss in to help. I will keep Rob and Kitty in my prayers

I understand you don't wanna take handouts Rob, but sometimes when it's offered you should just take it.

My main beef with handouts is, I know, no matter how bad off I am or how bad I need it, somebody out there needs it more cause they are worse off.

At the same time, remember, it's better to give than to recieve. But if nobody was to ever recieve, how would anybody give?

Unfortunately that wisdom from a 19 year old is all I have to offer since I don't pray. I will keep you and Kitty in my thoughts though.

Same boat financially here as some of you may know, but I'm sure I could find some little thing for an auction. But I have plenty of prayers I'll send.

If you decide to auction for the Ruster,I have something I could toss in. Prayers sent,as well.

I will find something to add. Rob & Kitty are good people and Rob has come to my aid more than once.
C

Ok it looks like we are going to start an auction Guys . Agin im sorry for not keeping up with this thes stroms was crazy . So far we only have one thing up for bidding

1....75 Phoenix Specialty Coatings Gift Certificate .Cudackick.... highbidder .......daredevil.. 75 bucks

2.....Dodge truck fender molding .. mopardaddy..... high bidder ....

3....Dodge center caps (removed from 20" ram wheels) mopardaddy.....high bidder

Ok it looks like we are going to start an auction Guys . Agin im sorry for not keeping up with this thes stroms was crazy . So far we only have one thing up for bidding

1....75 Phoenix Specialty Coatings Gift Certificate .Cudackick.... highbidder .......

You should start a new thread if you are having an auction Asa, I'll start looking for something to donate

I have a few parts to throw in. Don't have any cash. Definitely will keep you guys in my thoughts.

Dodge truck fender molding

Dodge center caps (removed from 20" ram wheels)

Attachments

• image-3764802254.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 433
  • image-4165320436.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 435
  • image-1355853602.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 449
  • image-1210972804.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 423
  • image-275202878.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 438
-