Rv 727???

-

URDUST73

time for the COLD wrench!
Reaction score
I have a 73' Duster 440and got a RV 727. What do I have to do to run this on my setup to a Moser driveshaft and Moser 60 rearend? Would it just be better to get another tranny or can I use this w/ some modification?

PS. I will be installing a safety housing because I like my feet where they are...

most rv trannys have a low gear set in them, which is a plus.
100_0783.jpg
[/IMG]

if it has the bolted on yoke then youll need a slip-spline driveshaft

Cool I was hoping that was all I had to do. It does have the bolt on and I had heard mention of a lower gear. I love this site everone is awesome about sharing info on here thanks again guys. I will post pics when she is done or at least driving, and time slips too.

I have not seen a lower gear set in a stock 727 yet. Even the torgueflite books and manuals I have don't list one. I have two flange 727s in my stock pile of trannys and both have the 2.45 gear set. But just in case there is one and I just haven't run across one yet, which is possible, please supply the location of this info.

Chuck

most rv trannys have a low gear set in them, which is a plus.
If this is correct, I'll be pulling out the one I have stored, replacing the tail shaft, and putting it in my Demon.
I pulled the tranny out of a 1 ton Dually Van/5th wheel that had a 440 in it.
If anybody has more info on the possibility of a low gear set, and how to tell if it is, let us know.
Are the gear ratio's stamped on the gear set?

-
Back