S&P Headers for 5.7

-

Boony405hp

Reaction score
Anyone have any pictures of these installed on their 5.7?

headers.jpg

Looking for clearance pictures, info etc.

I am running a standard k-frame, centered engine and a rear mounted rack and pinion.

I would like to know as well. I have succumbed to the TTI headers and plan on ordering them in about two weeks, but if these fit it would save me some cash.

I have the 6.1s but they are not fitted yet -

They are at my mechanics shop - but Id estmate the flange thickness at being around 5/16ths

The primary tubes for the 6.1s are 1 3/4, the 5.7s are 1 5/8.

20121006_114603.jpg

They look nice but I can't imagine them fitting it looks like they'd run right into the steering box. That's PURE speculation, I could be wrong, I often am, just ask my wife. :)

If they fit that would be great, they are quite a bit cheaper than the TTI's which are nice, but pricey.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Paul - US steering boxes are fitted on the K frame - ours are fitted on the opposite side chassis rail, a fair bit further back into the engine bay.

These S&P headers will work well for us..dumping forward of the steering box and in back of the k frame.

- but we can't run normal US long tube headers as our steering box gets in the way on our drivers side......

20121113_152620.jpg

Gee, S&P also has shorty headers for the hemi, check them out, they fit a,b, and e if memory serves.

5.7 Hemi is correct Street and Performance does make a shorty header for the A B and E bodies. Downside, they aren't much cheaper than TTIs at $720.00.

Rat Patrol, thanks for the pics, I sometimes forget that not all A-Bodies have the steering wheel on the "correct" side. ;) Glad you are able to find something that works for you. I sometimes feel that Mopars are the red-headed step child when it comes to aftermarket support. I bet you guys down in Australia feel it X 10.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

5.7 Hemi is correct Street and Performance does make a shorty header for the A B and E bodies. Downside, they aren't much cheaper than TTIs at $720.00.

Rat Patrol, thanks for the pics, I sometimes forget that not all A-Bodies have the steering wheel on the "correct" side. ;) Glad you are able to find something that works for you. I sometimes feel that Mopars are the red-headed step child when it comes to aftermarket support. I bet you guys down in Australia feel it X 10.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Very much so. If you want Chev or Ford parts it seems to be a 'dime a dozen'. The price you pay to be in the best make though :D

It is often hard because we read your install threads and we find out what clears and what doesn't, while a lot of it is relevant, when it comes to steering clearances and headers it is sometimes taking a guess and 'hoping it fits'. I am in that boat atm as I have centered my engine and running a rear mounted rack that is a unique system I've only seen in Australia.

All I know is it is going to be tight and the S&P design is looking the most suitable at this time.

Boony - How about i grab the headers back from the workshop - and il measure the distance from the very end of the flange to the centre of the down pipe- from both ends.

That should tell you if the down pipe is going to "find space" or foul foreward or rearward.

I can also measure the overall width from the flange face to the outer most point of the down pipe - that'll tell you how much clearance to the inner guard you will have.

Any use to you?

Boony - How about i grab the headers back from the workshop - and il measure the distance from the very end of the flange to the centre of the down pipe- from both ends.

That should tell you if the down pipe is going to "find space" or foul foreward or rearward.

I can also measure the overall width from the flange face to the outer most point of the down pipe - that'll tell you how much clearance to the inner guard you will have.

Any use to you?

That would be great if you could do that for me Mal. :prayer:
Thanks in advance mate.

I might be buying these from my 6.1 turbo build. I will probably make a Y pipe and run them up to the turbo in the passengers side of the car.

This is (OUR) drivers side I assume Mal?

Good question Dave..

From the shape of the flanges..Id have said US drivers side (our passenger side)

I collect my engine later this week - Ill be able to confirm the flange bolt pattern then...unless someone on the board can verify if the pics I posted are US drivers or passneger side?

Just checked a pic I have -You are right Dave - the flange bolt pattern is top right/bottom left...meaning my pics are of OUR drivers side (US Passenger)

-
Back