Sad days ahead - to the crusher

-

1967DartGT

Reaction score
My local boneyard owner is "getting sick of it all" and is starting to send alot of his inventory to the crusher ... SAD
icon9.gif
Quite a few Dodges, Plymouths, Chryslers, and AMCs on the chopping block. I walked around this morning for an hour and took a few photos of what I could find ... I missed alot I'm sure but was in a hurry.

small1.jpg

small2.jpg

small3.jpg

small4.jpg

small5.jpg

small6.jpg

small7.jpg

small8.jpg

small9.jpg

wow where is this yard ????? so sad to see ig go looks like a lot of useable stiff

It's a gold mine for sure........

The stainless trim alone in there must be worth a fortune........

Has this guy advertised any kind of inventory list anywhere?

The yard is in Livingston MT. Most of the stuff is relatively rust free and is in better shape than what I see for auction on eBag. He's probably crushed a hundred cars in the last week or two ... don't know what got the axe ... they're in cubes now for scrap metal!

If anyone is really interested in any of these, PM me ASAP and maybe I can convince him to hold off for a little while ... I don't know what he would want for them whole or by the part, but I might be able to pull off some stuff for any of you folks. I'd hate to see usable parts go away forever.

I could use one of those 72 Dart grilles...

I think that place is in Montana.

Most of the owners don't care about what the piddly stuff is worth, even though it's worth a bunch. I had something similar occur in a yard here. I had 3-4 73+ Dusters with all sorts of good parts, arranged to pull the stuff myself a week later, guy crushed it 2-3 days later. Told me it wasn't worth his time. Ummm OK, seeing that he didn't have to do anything.

It's a gold mine for sure........

The stainless trim alone in there must be worth a fortune........

Has this guy advertised any kind of inventory list anywhere?

No inventory list ... he seems to know whats he's got though. I've never been able to get him on the phone, but the yard is only 2 miles from my house so I just go over there.

If I had the cash I'd buy all his Mopar stuff and advertise here.

I think the Pink Wagon would be sweet!

Scrap is bringing decent money now, especially copper and brass. We had an elementary school in our region that had all of it`s A/C units (8 of them) gutted for the copper. They estimated the perp got over 2000 lbs. of copper.

He's got lots of stuff to crush. Talk to him about a 6 month delay on the mopars and tell him anything you can sell, you'll remove and ship at no cost to him and split it 50/50.

The yard is in Livingston MT. Most of the stuff is relatively rust free and is in better shape than what I see for auction on eBag. He's probably crushed a hundred cars in the last week or two ... don't know what got the axe ... they're in cubes now for scrap metal!

:-D If anyone is really interested in any of these, PM me ASAP and maybe I can convince him to hold off for a little while ... I don't know what he would want for them whole or by the part, but I might be able to pull off some stuff for any of you folks. I'd hate to see usable parts go away forever.

Why not post the name and phone number of the place for everyone , even visitors to the FABO site ? ? Probably would get alot of business from it ? ? :-D Maybe if he gets enough inquiries for the mopar stuff, he'll have a change of heart about crushing it.

Could you please find out how much a gas tank for my 68 GT would go for (I presume by the looks of the photos it would be virtually rust-free) and if it's not too much problem the shipping to 04619 (Calais Maine U.S.A.). Oh and by the way. How much $$ for your time and efforts also. Thanks...Paul

He's got lots of stuff to crush. Talk to him about a 6 month delay on the mopars and tell him anything you can sell, you'll remove and ship at no cost to him and split it 50/50.

I might do this ... a few hours a week for the rest of the summer I should be able to salvage the easy-to-ship stuff for sure.

Even that green wagon (6th down from the top) would make a really cool cruiser and/or party wagon. The grill is kinda' Challenger'esqe. I'll bet there's a big block in it too.

What a shame that all these are going to become computer cases.

Even that green wagon (6th down from the top) would make a really cool cruiser and/or party wagon. The grill is kinda' Challenger'esqe. I'll bet there's a big block in it too.

What a shame that all these are going to become computer cases.

The green wagon is an AMC Rebel ... would be cool as a Rebel Machine Wagon!

The green wagon is an AMC Rebel ... would be cool as a Rebel Machine Wagon!

No ****? Cool! Learn something new every day. I had a 72 0r 73 "Plymouth Fury Custom Wagon" that was flippin' huge! We all used to go to the drive-in with a cooler full of beer. I could fit 6 people easy in there and had 9 or ten in there once on Carload Day at the drive-in.

What part of Montana is the wrecking yard in. I even might drive up there on the way out of Calif.

Think you could get anything cheap? :). Man it is a shame, you should pull all the trim, steering wheels, and grilles...stuff like that that will just get crushed and the guy whose sending it to the crusher won't get anything for that stuff. Help out the FABO community, I am sure I can make a little list of stuff I would want lol, I am sure everyone could.

-
Back