Sad to see people to cut up Demons & other hard to find Mopars!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what if you put it up for sale at a reasonable price and NOBODY even sniffs to buy it?

Step up and buy it if you feel so inclined to save them. EVERYONE tends to complain like an anvil hit their foot when the sawzall comes out, but they NEVER step up and buy when the opportunity is there. And that's the truth from someone that's cut up a bunch of cars.

Trust me the what I call the "math is hard" crew from the rust belt doesn't do squat to buy the stuff out here. California rusty isn't Ohio rusty, but, you can't get people in Ohio to buy the stuff here, even when it's CHEAP! So it dies here to save other cars.

Life changes and sometimes people need room that the car is taking up. How long should I sit on a 73 340 Dart Sport that's been for sale for 4-5 fricken years. Sorry it's gonna go one way or another.

Eeyup. A low rust shell of a car in the rust belt for 3-4k OR a $1500 CA or AZ car shipped to the belt for under $1000. Rob, Math IS hard!

While I understand the desire to preserve the old muscle. I agree with crackedback and inkjunkie. Sometimes it's just not in the cards. Heck I barely have room for 1 car, let alone another one that is in need of a build. And if some folks weren't willing to part out some of these cars, many of us (myself included) would have a heck of a time getting the OEM parts we want/need to get & keep our iron rolling.
Just my two cents.

Pat

:coffee2::happy1:

when i see rare or otherwise good cars cut -up , yes it makes me sad, but i think "oh well" thats making mine that much rarer......its almost like juvinelle delinquints...its sad but you just have to worry about your own........i will be fast to jump on a car getting pirated bcoz i am worried about my own babies (my cars) first.....the car world is kinda dog eat dog world bcoz your pride and joy is looked at by someone else as a parts car........so i always say: if i or someone else can save one ....great.....but im going to look after my own first and make sure mine isnt the next one on the chopping block for any reason and believe it i have save a lot of them already.........sorry to be so harsh but it is truely rare to find the passionate person to the majority its and old piece of junk that has the ability to bring in some coin one way or another

The car in question was also listed on eBay for awhile if I remember right. I looked at it a few times times, in a couple different stages of assembly. I wish I could have picked it up, but I already have too many projects going and no room for another.

It's a damn shame that car was cut up. But, I also don't really understand why it didn't sell as a complete car. It was in good shape, wasn't overpriced, and would have been a great start for someone. But somehow or another it fell through the cracks, the owner tried pretty hard to sell it complete before he parted it. A lot harder than I've seen others try.

I hate to see decent cars parted out. But,I totally understand parting stuff that will cost significantly more to fix than its worth. Heck, I'm in the process of parting a super clean '74 Swinger because it was hit hard enough to tear one of the rear frame rails off the trunk pan. No rust on the car at all, but its bent, its at least a few inches out all the way to the doors. So I'm taking all of the suspension for one of my 71's, and the roof skin for the other. Just the way it goes sometimes.

Still, one of these days these cars will be harder to get ahold of because of it. Maybe some of you think that's great because your cars will be worth more, but as an E-body owner let me tell you its a pain in the ***. Everything costs more. A-bodies are nice because you can still get ahold of the cars, and a lot of the parts (including reproduction parts), for a lot less money. Makes it a ton easier to get into having, and driving, a muscle car.

I still see a decent number of A-bodies on the road as drivers, there aren't too many E-bodies around that people still drive daily. A-bodies are still affordable enough that people still feel like they can drive them, which to me is the whole point anyway. Why have a cool old muscle car if it just sits in the garage because you're afraid something will happen to it if its on the road?

He tried to sell whole. What else could you ask for? Yeah, I don't like seeing cars cut up if they are desireable and clean, but unfortunatley ya can't save 'em all......

And what if you put it up for sale at a reasonable price and NOBODY even sniffs to buy it?

Step up and buy it if you feel so inclined to save them. EVERYONE tends to complain like an anvil hit their foot when the sawzall comes out, but they NEVER step up and buy when the opportunity is there. And that's the truth from someone that's cut up a bunch of cars.

Trust me the what I call the "math is hard" crew from the rust belt doesn't do squat to buy the stuff out here. California rusty isn't Ohio rusty, but, you can't get people in Ohio to buy the stuff here, even when it's CHEAP! So it dies here to save other cars.

Life changes and sometimes people need room that the car is taking up. How long should I sit on a 73 340 Dart Sport that's been for sale for 4-5 fricken years. Sorry it's gonna go one way or another.

very well said thank u:cheers:

I agree 100%!! I put up a couple of good rides that could have been saved. ( that equated to how much you want to dump in it) Offered them for very reasonaly prices and not one person bites. The minute you say you're parting it- the pity party/ whiney *** bunch gets on their soapbox and flames away. Again- if you don't want to see it parted- BUY IT!

I also don't really understand why it didn't sell as a complete car. It was in good shape, wasn't overpriced, and would have been a great start for someone.
As a guess....because alot of folks are to much of a tighta.. when it comes to the price.. I believe he was asking $800. Would not be surprised if the best he was offered was half of it. And if he would have offered for $400 the best he would have been offered was $200. Former neighbor was trying to get rid of some cars a few years back. It was almost comical. One car was appraised at $15k, he had it up for sale at $10k, not a nibble. Best he was offered was $6500. It was a numbers matching ElCamino SS, whatever the year they had 396's in them. Car had a documented past as he bought it form the original owner. Only had 55k miles on it to boot. I believe his brother ended up using it as a dd in Michigan....I have jokingly told my wife that we already have my casket, it is sitting out on the garage.

I don't really know what I can add to this, but some of you may remember when I had a 71 Charger that I was going to derby because I couldn't sell it. I had the price down to $300 for the car. No one would come threw. As soon as I said it was getting derbied, I had people freaking out on me saying its a charger and its way to nice to derby and.... So I made a deal on the forum. I told everyone to put up or shut up. The first one here with $250 cash could take the car.

.....It got derbied a few months later

Point is, you can't keep them all, you can't store them all, and you can't save them all. And even when something does come up cheap, you always will have the people that say "how come its not in my area" or "Such a good deal" yet there is always an excuse why no one will buy it. I love these cars, I have owned, found, and saved A LOT of them. I have also parted out A LOT of them for one reason or another. Yes, it is about the car, but it is also about the money. If it wasn't, everyone would have a HEMI 'cuda.

I've hauled many a part to the scrap yard because no one would even offer to come get them for free.

Eeyup... $800 for the whole car. Nobody bit. I wanted to but didnt have the room.

I can't blame somebody for parting a car out. They have to feed their families to. That car was not the first to not sell whole and have to be parted out. I would love to have a few of the ones I have seen for sale, but it's not in the cards. You have to feed your family first.

Jack

not to origional poster in paticular. here is what i got to say

" STFU " !!. so tired of guys complaining about cars getting hacked. shut up. if you want to be some big shot savior, you buy them. alot of car on here that have been hacked will not sell as rollers. point blank. cut them!

it sounds like idiot math for the ones saying to save them.

here. buy a roller for 1k put 30 k into it to restore. if you had to sell, you still only get 15k out of it!. how does that add up? maybe i need to check into a hospitol for crazies!

It kind of goes hand in hand too you know. If there were no parts cars there would be no parts to fix them!

Sure I know you could go aftermarket (if they make it!) but some people are on a limited budget and a used part is the way they go to save a few bucks and get the car done.

So yes some get cut up but they go to saving others.

images
Heck... Cut them up because it makes the rest more valuable. If every 68 Barracuda convertible on the planet was cut up and gone besides mine, I could get a huge price for mine.​

not to origional poster in paticular. here is what i got to say

" STFU " !!. so tired of guys complaining about cars getting hacked. shut up. if you want to be some big shot savior, you buy them. alot of car on here that have been hacked will not sell as rollers. point blank. cut them!

it sounds like idiot math for the ones saying to save them.

here. buy a roller for 1k put 30 k into it to restore. if you had to sell, you still only get 15k out of it!. how does that add up? maybe i need to check into a hospitol for crazies!
Don't hold back there 340 ,guess you are making a point. Take a deep breath
LOL!!!!!!
Moe=D>

damn put it to rest. im tired of hearing people crying because a car is getting cut up. dont like it ? then buy it and build it. im glad someone is parting them out , otherwise i would have to do it myself, which i have. i have cut up my share of good cars to SAVE MY GOOD ONES. but i dont need a yard FULL OF SHELLS .

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back