Safety fuel inertia shut off switch.

-
i might have a few of the ford ones in the garage, if you are interested in one of them let me know and i will look. all the ones i have ever pulled were under the dash, if i remember right....i talked to the guy at madelectric, he suggests running an electric fuel pump thru an oil pressure cut off switch, he mentioned they were used on Vegas way back when...or if you just want it new http://rjminjectiontech.com/images/ica-connector.jpg for the pigtail and http://rjminjectiontech.com/?p=27 just scroll down and you will find the switch....

Here's the one I got from Pegasus.

1-22.jpg

2-13.jpg

3-15.jpg

How come Fords are the only vehicles to come equipped with these devices? Could be that they are the only ones most likely to catch on fire?

Have you extinguished a Ford lately?

Almost all cars from like 93 up have them. 90% of the obdII cars at least. what i would be woried about is it dosnt take a hole lot to trip the impact type sensors. if you are raceing it would suck if your fuel shut off after a hard launch lol. but thats just me hook a a low oil ppres switch and a toggle and youll be good :)

i know my buddy has used the Ford ones in all of the EFI trucks they have raced in the Score off road stuff with no issues......

I thought real hard about it after reading the story about the guy pulling into a car show while his family waited for him and watched him burn to death after he got plowed in the rear from a speeding car causing his fuel pump to keep running while he was knocked for a loop.

I personally don't race my car so not worried about killer hard launches although these switches don't activate unless you get punched with some substantial G-force which is much greater than launching at the track.

We had a tow truck guy get arrested for going around to parking lots like walmart and so on and he knew wher the switches where in the cars he would walk up and hit the side of the car with his fist then drive around the lot and wait for them to flag him down for help lol. Thats what made me think of hard launches trippin it but im not shure what kind of impact would be needed to set if off. To me they seam a lot like seat belts or airbags you hear about all the lives they save but rearly hear the down side, but at the same time this wont kill you if it dosnt work right just anoy the hekk out of you lol.

I have a toggle switch to control the electric fuel pump on/off, but if my head gets toggled in a collision I want the peace of mind knowing I have a back-up in case I am too rattled to hit the switch.

-
Back