San Diego MOPAR's sound off. SAN DIEGO CA MOPARS

-
Moparmansd^^^^^

I have a hood adjustment that has been kicking my *** for two weeks now and i have alil body work to do....but i'll try my hand...
I couldnt wait to get back to working on my car...I want to get my car painted before cruzing grand starts....

I'll be going to cruising grand when it starts. I'll probably be driving the Barracuda in my avatar until I get the engine for my Duster rebuilt.

yeah I hear that... well there are a few good paint places here in North county so its really about cash... I got a buddy Mark that does awesome work out of his shop in Vista.

I dont know how I feel about "walking grand" this year... they are gona close the street and make you park and walk.

Hey guys!
I took the Cuda back in to get the trans fixed (trans was leaking and clutch slipping bad). Should have her back soon and ready to roll. Burnout contest anyone? haha

yeah I hear that... well there are a few good paint places here in North county so its really about cash... I got a buddy Mark that does awesome work out of his shop in Vista.

I dont know how I feel about "walking grand" this year... they are gona close the street and make you park and walk.

Are you serious they are close'n the street down i cant Believe that...I wonder how parking is going to be this year....:angry7:

Is it closed to all cars, or are they just letting old cars in? There's a cruise night in Chula Vista, and they don't (or at least didn't used to) let anything newer than a '74 on that street. Sometimes if it was a really modified custom, they'd make an exception.

Hey guys!
I took the Cuda back in to get the trans fixed (trans was leaking and clutch slipping bad). Should have her back soon and ready to roll. Burnout contest anyone? haha

What shop did you pay to fix your trans? I cant do any burnouts right now... I need new rears then we can burn the old ones up lol...

Are you serious they are close'n the street down i cant Believe that...I wonder how parking is going to be this year....:angry7:

yes they said that last year man... well if you get there early and they allow you ... you park on grand and then its shut down for foot traffic only.

Is it closed to all cars, or are they just letting old cars in? There's a cruise night in Chula Vista, and they don't (or at least didn't used to) let anything newer than a '74 on that street. Sometimes if it was a really modified custom, they'd make an exception.

no its closed to cars to drive thru... The one we are talking about is the Esco one.. and its pre 74....

Got the car back today. Much, much better. New clutch & pressure plate and heavier springs. The work was done by Paul Wagner of Team-Dart on the Bullrun2 TV show (check out www.team-dart.com, I run their website!).
The car picks up and pulls hard now. I think my trans does have a problem with 1st gear though, as I get a shudder from the trans as I clutch out in first.

Probably going to look into replacing the trans to keep up with the new engine in a couple months, after I get the brake upgrades sorted out.

Where is the Grand car show you're talking about? Escondido?

Got the car back today. Much, much better. New clutch & pressure plate and heavier springs. The work was done by Paul Wagner of Team-Dart on the Bullrun2 TV show (check out www.team-dart.com, I run their website!).
The car picks up and pulls hard now. I think my trans does have a problem with 1st gear though, as I get a shudder from the trans as I clutch out in first.

Probably going to look into replacing the trans to keep up with the new engine in a couple months, after I get the brake upgrades sorted out.

Where is the Grand car show you're talking about? Escondido?

yep the show is in Esco.....its every friday but it only runs for a few months out of the year... does anybody have any experinece with front ends...im about to buy a front end bushing kit for my car and i was wondering if its smething that can be done easily at your house with a (C+ in auto shop skills) because if not does anyody know a shop that will do it for a fair price....?:cheers:

yeah you can do it all at home...

you will need to buy a few things like a press. you can get a nice one at harbor frieght for a few bills.

a pickle fork as well but I dont like them... they rip things up if used correctly and incorrectly. I just buy a leather hammer.

I had my front end rebuilt by Andrews Alignment in Spring Valley.
They did a great job. Total was $800 out the door I think, including:
strut rod bushings, all control arm bushings, all new ball joints, new Monroe front gas shocks, all labor, and alignment.
I can get you their number if you want.

Parts alone would be ~400 bucks from what I've seen, alignment would be a couple hundred usually, so I think $800 OTD was a good price.
Mike over there at Andrews was a good guy, and I'm really happy with the work.

I had my front end rebuilt by Andrews Alignment in Spring Valley.
They did a great job. Total was $800 out the door I think, including:
strut rod bushings, all control arm bushings, all new ball joints, new Monroe front gas shocks, all labor, and alignment.
I can get you their number if you want.

Parts alone would be ~400 bucks from what I've seen, alignment would be a couple hundred usually, so I think $800 OTD was a good price.
Mike over there at Andrews was a good guy, and I'm really happy with the work.

ive found a web site called pst and they hav the front end kits for 250 dollars.....im going to pick that up and have a shop install it

You can buy an allignment kit and do it yourself... I used to hit the track and autoX with a guy that did mine all the time... it's kinda starting to be a lost art. The kits go from $50-$150 and after you good at it... maybe done it a few times you can charge a buddy $25 bucks and do his and make your cash back. The most I have ever paid was a lazer allignment from Toyota, it was $80 with my discount.

It's not that hard to rebuild the front end yourself. Just a weekend really.

I guess I get my pleasure from cars when I do the work myself. I think if I had the room doing a kit car or a full restore would be fun. I have only done half so far...

no its closed to cars to drive thru... The one we are talking about is the Esco one.. and its pre 74....

Esco is the one I was talking about too. I was just saying that the one in CV only allows '74 and older cars to park in that area of the street. I was wondering if Esco was going to start doing the same. Usually only about half the cars parked on grand are pre '74.

:angry7:
You can buy an allignment kit and do it yourself... I used to hit the track and autoX with a guy that did mine all the time... it's kinda starting to be a lost art. The kits go from $50-$150 and after you good at it... maybe done it a few times you can charge a buddy $25 bucks and do his and make your cash back. The most I have ever paid was a lazer allignment from Toyota, it was $80 with my discount.

It's not that hard to rebuild the front end yourself. Just a weekend really.

I guess I get my pleasure from cars when I do the work myself. I think if I had the room doing a kit car or a full restore would be fun. I have only done half so far...

i love working on my own cars also but this is my first classic and i dont want to mess something up because its my daily driver also...
but i'll see what it takes and if its not it much ill do it....:sign10:

Gents,

I am on the Crusin' Grand committee and we are not planning on closing the streets in Escondido this year. The only reason why we explored closing the streets was to bring more cars into Escondido. The public was very supportive of the street closure and anyone with a pre 74 car could cruise grand.

I would like to get some input from you guys about Grand... I will share with the rest of the committee.

Craig

I think it should be open only to '74 and earlier vehicles, meaning that from 6 P.M. to whatever time it's over, only classic cars can drive and park on Grand. Well, at least be the only ones allowed to park on Grand. Let the PT cruisers have their spot over on Second or Valley Pkwy or one of the side streets, along with the other custom groups that show up, and reserve Grand for classics only. Another thought is that it's getting to the point where there are some mid and late 70's cars, and even some early 80's cars that could be considered classic. Maybe it's time to change it to '77 and earlier.

Hi guys, I live in La Mesa and I was wondering when this Cruise was because it sounds like a good time.

Every Friday night from 6 PM until about 9 or 10 from April to September on Grand Ave in Escondido.

I am attending a meeting tomorrow and I should be getting the final details on Grand this season. I will post a new thread with all the details this weekend.

Craig

I am attending a meeting tomorrow and I should be getting the final details on Grand this season. I will post a new thread with all the details this weekend.

Craig

thanks keep us posted...so how long have u been on the commitee?

good to hear that the street will be open. I'm excited about cruzin grand ,its a great family atmosphere. I'm hoping to see some slant powered a bodies this year too!

:read2:
Anyone know the guy with the yellow '66 Barracuda that goes to Grand?

dont know him......sorry bro...
they should set up a parts corner and every week have diffrent parts for diffrent cars...like one week have parts for A-bodies they the next week B- bodies and so on....run this by the commitee

yeah, they could use one of those lots as a mini swap-meet. Like maybe where the PT Cruiser's always park. Let the PT Cruisers have one of the lots over on second, since Cruisin' Grand is supposed to be classic cars.

-
Back