San Diego MOPAR's sound off. SAN DIEGO CA MOPARS

-

moparmanSD

A body Mopar man...
Reaction score
I wanted to start a thread for guys like me. Mopar men in San Diego.

We can talk here and help eachother and maybe set up some meets.

I am Christopher and I am in North SD. Oceanside. I have an Abody, '74 Plymouth Valiant Brougham 318auto.

Tell us who you are:
Where in SD your at:
What Mopar you have:

So all you San Diego MOPAR owners out there let's hear you sound off.

driversun2.jpg

Great thread & good idea.

I'm Evan & I live in Bay Park area, right off Clairemont Dr & the 5.

I've got a 64 Barracuda w/ a 318.

Lets meet up soon!

CIMG2726.JPG

My name is Craig and I live in Escondido.

Below you will see my 340 Demon... still a work in progress.

I would love to meet up with other abodies members.

Craig

demon.jpg

Hey Evan I am actually in PB right now so I am not far from you at the point in time. Thanks for the nice words. I thought it would be a great idea. Maybe we can get enough guys and do a meet and set up some things. Something small 1st to get things going.

Craig your right down the 78 from me. Nice Demon.

Escondido here. I have a '64 Barracuda and a '74 Duster. I'll be back from Iraq in less than 2 weeks. Hope to see some of you. I know there are several of us on here from Escondido.

Hey Evan I am actually in PB right now so I am not far from you at the point in time. Thanks for the nice words. I thought it would be a great idea. Maybe we can get enough guys and do a meet and set up some things. Something small 1st to get things going.

Craig your right down the 78 from me. Nice Demon.

Hey MoparMan you're living in SD? or you mean as you write this you're in pb?
haha

We should meet up, I want to check out your car, looks pretty mean.

And physhy take care buddy and get home safe.
we should definitely meet up when you get back!

Im a new 1969 dart owner in Oceanside also ......it will be cool to link up for a meet ...but my car isnt show quality yet ...its more rat rod style ....LOL i just picked it up about two weeks ago...

hey mrkidd, look at my pictures!
trust me, we're not concerned about show quality!
i'm going for a badass daily driver and fixing stuff as I go.

^^^^^^
Coo....it will be nice to hang with some people who have the same passion as me....I'm sort of fading away from the V.I.P car scene ....it's to expensive for my taste....does any body know a good body shop for a good price...?

Im off the 5 in Carlsbad. My name is Jared,and I have a 1967 Dart GT.Me and my wife are diehard Mopar people.Would love to hang out with a San Diego Mopar crew!

Hey MoparMan you're living in SD? or you mean as you write this you're in pb?
haha

We should meet up, I want to check out your car, looks pretty mean.

And physhy take care buddy and get home safe.
we should definitely meet up when you get back!

Hey fadingfastsd, I am living in SD... look at my 1st post in the thread I am living in oceanside off the 78 and the 5. I am just working down in PB lol so I am on this forum at work. Thanks about the car... Its really just that way ya know.

Im a new 1969 dart owner in Oceanside also ......it will be cool to link up for a meet ...but my car isnt show quality yet ...its more rat rod style ....LOL i just picked it up about two weeks ago...

A 69 dart is nice man.. congrats.

Im off the 5 in Carlsbad. My name is Jared,and I have a 1967 Dart GT.Me and my wife are diehard Mopar people.Would love to hang out with a San Diego Mopar crew!

Hey Jared looks like another North County dart lol

We can set something up but I wanted to get a good count for a 1st meet. To try to plan something this weekend might be short notice for most people. Please dont jump the threads idea. I wanted to see how many Mopar people we had in SD 1st and where everyone was.. So far North County SD looks to have 4 of us.

i couldnt come out this weekend im driving up to santa cruz after work today to hang with some family ......but let me know for another time and i could link up....My name is Marlin by the way....

^ thats nice of you. I was not going to try to throw one together last minute like this weekend. Those never turn out well. I have been doing the online car forum thing for awhile.

whats the VIP car thing?

If you need a body shop... why not try it yourself. Most body work really is not that hard. Its a good skill to learn, cutting and welding.

V.I.P car scene is import luxary car with custom suspension and deep dish rims and really classy body kits.....= $$$$$$$$$

Its big in japan but its just now making its way out here...

I'll give the body work a try...i can always use a extra hand.....hinthint...but it doesnt need that much i'll post pics when i get home from work....im off now !!!!!!!!

Hey everybody, I am in Mission Hills SD, i have a 69 cuda fastback. trying to finish the disc brake and 8.75 swap before I head off to the Afghanistan so keep you fingers crossed

69 barracuda fastback
really angry 418 stroker :)

What does 'dont jump this threads idea' mean?

I thought this was a thread to see who was in San Diego and wanted to hang out and talk about cars.
It doesn't needed to be a big planned meetup.

My intention was, hey I'll either be working on or driving my Cuda this weekend, so if anybody wants to meet up or hang out and have some beers I'm game.

I'm not trying to be rude at all I guess I just misunderstood your intentions for the thread.

Dukes69, nice car man. And good luck. Army?

V.I.P car scene is import luxary car with custom suspension and deep dish rims and really classy body kits.....= $$$$$$$$$

Its big in japan but its just now making its way out here...

I'll give the body work a try...i can always use a extra hand.....hinthint...but it doesnt need that much i'll post pics when i get home from work....im off now !!!!!!!!

Mrkidd, I would not say thats a bad thing. Its been here for a very long time. I have built more than a few turbo cars with buddies. Heck I have a Twin turbo Supra and have had 2 skyline GTR's in the past when I was in Japan. I have 2 muscle cars and a Twin Turbo sports car now. I am not the show car kinda guy either so I know what you mean.

As far as a hand hmmm well what kinda work needs to be done? I have a few things to do as well lol... just my buddy that paints way way better than me is deployed right now, so I been holding off.

What does 'dont jump this threads idea' mean?

I thought this was a thread to see who was in San Diego and wanted to hang out and talk about cars.
It doesn't needed to be a big planned meetup.

My intention was, hey I'll either be working on or driving my Cuda this weekend, so if anybody wants to meet up or hang out and have some beers I'm game.

I'm not trying to be rude at all I guess I just misunderstood your intentions for the thread.

fadingfastsd, What? lol relax.... you didnt post that.

I said in the 1st post in this thread what I was posting this for... if you go last minute your turn outs are always very small. So far there are 4-5 people and last minute you will get 1 if your lucky to hang with. People have lives and are not always on the forums. A little forward notice is always nice. I have set up meets before and its always better to get to know everyone and plan it out a little at least a few weeks in advance. Thats all I have been saying. IF you want to take offence go ahead, BUT its not meant that way. I need to finish up a 69 camaro so I dont have time. so if you wanted to hang I am out.

I just wanted to see who was out there and in my area and what they drive to see if anyone was interested in meets or runs. Its kinda easy just last minute stuff never works out. IF it does for you go ahead and post up and make it happen here. post pix of the meet and the fun... thats what we are here for....

haha sorry moparman I didn't mean that how it sounded. I thought you were referring to me, but that doesn't matter either way...

I was at work when I wrote it, and I was getting excited about playing with my car on the weekend.

Then my boss just dropped on me that I have to work Saturday.
Obviously pissed off, I hopped back on the computer, saw that, and took it out on the unsuspecting victims of FABO.

Sorry and my apologies. Now I'm home and have accepted my fate of working on Saturday, and realize I came across as an a**hole.
I apologize!

Looking forward to hanging out with everybody.

haha sorry moparman I didn't mean that how it sounded. I thought you were referring to me, but that doesn't matter either way...

I was at work when I wrote it, and I was getting excited about playing with my car on the weekend.

Then my boss just dropped on me that I have to work Saturday.
Obviously pissed off, I hopped back on the computer, saw that, and took it out on the unsuspecting victims of FABO.

Sorry and my apologies. Now I'm home and have accepted my fate of working on Saturday, and realize I came across as an a**hole.
I apologize!

Looking forward to hanging out with everybody.

No worries man... I have thick skin... lol In one way it sucks to work on a SAT but in another way... you have a job... so always look at it the best way you can. The fact that you saw how you acted and apologized shows alot about your character.

We can all get together soon ... I would like that. just wanted to see how many we have and then set a date a few weeks out and do it right and have a good time. While your at work on SAT I am going up to Lake Forrest in my TT Supra and putting some TRD sway bars on another TT Supra to help a dude out. So dont think your the only one working... well I will be drinking beer lol but I hope he sprays off the underside of his car at least.

I Sold My Drag Car To A Guy From The San Diego Area In 1995, A Super Street 1974 Duster, 10.60 Car. I Sure Do Miss That Car.

-
Back