Sandy took my cuda away

-

scottylack

Reaction score
bad news here on the Jersey Shore Front. ...
I love it here on the beach in Jersey... and I live on the beach...I mean I live ON the beach... 50 paces off the sand...good and bad...

Sandy destroyed my homestead.... took with it my freshly painted doors and fenders for my 65 Barracuda project...and lots of my trim. We had a 5 foot wall of water come through...like nothing we have seen. The house is 90 years old... the foundation crumbled like stale cookies. Took all the precautions, but it wiped out the foundation and garage. I had the pieces 4 feet up on tables. Never saw more than 6 inches of water anywhere in the garage after all the hurricanes... this was the storm of storms... horrible devastation...
now I have to start from scratch with the doors and fenders....luckily the car was stashed away off the beach. Fenders and doors would have been there too but I hafd just got them back....

Attachments

• photo(13).jpg
    114 KB · Views: 804
  • photo(14).jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 820
  • photo(17).jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 812
Glad to hear you're okay! Glad the car was inshore. Guess you get to rebuild.

Glenn

Dang!!! Glad your okay. I'm sure the house is covered by insurance but is the Cuda?

very sorry to hear about the homestead, and the parts... Glad you and your family are ok.. thats the important part.. Things can be replaced.. Thoughts and prayers with ya bud...

I'm real sorry to hear about your misfortune. Looks like most of the damage was only in the foundation as you said. How is the rest of the house?

Honestly,the car would be the last of my worries.
Hopefully everyone in your family is safe.

Can the house be economically saved? Looks like a complete new foundation at least. I don't spose insurance covers it.

Best of luck to you.

By watching the news seems Jersey Shores took the worst of it. Hopefully you and the family escaped any harm, That's what really matters.

took with it my freshly painted doors and fenders for my 65 Barracuda project...and lots of my trim.

That's personal property, not attached to your car, it should be covered. I'm an insurance adjuster on deployment awaiting my assignments in Richmond. Who are you insured with? Call me (872-228-5677, that's 872- Cat-Loss). I can advise you.

Jim

took with it my freshly painted doors and fenders for my 65 Barracuda project...and lots of my trim.

That's personal property, not attached to your car, it should be covered. I'm an insurance adjuster on deployment awaiting my assignments in Richmond. Who are you insured with? Call me (872-228-5677, that's 872- Cat-Loss). I can advise you.

Jim

X2 Just coming out of a garage fire, was able to collect on parts not attached to the car and my bikes. Hoping for the best for you and your family.

Jim

<< someone Jim has advised :-D ... and he does it very well. Take him up on his offer -- you won't regret it.

Good luck with everything you're going to be facing. I've been there more than once myself and know exactly what you are and will be going through. < hugs >

Jim

Don't mean to hijack here, but I got screwed on this a few years ago. I had a storage unit broken into and they stole tools and parts I had in there. Insurance covered the tools but told me that if the vehicle the parts went to wasn't insured then I was SOL. They are auto parts so they had to go against an auto claim.

If you'd had Grundy Worldwide, even your uninstalled parts would be covered. It's one of the more attractive features of their policies IMO.

Damn! I was cringing thinking about all the Mopars that must have been affected by the storm. Looks like you took a direct hit. Hope you have a speedy recovery and that the ins company does right.

Sorry to hear. Hopefully your family came through healthy and safe.

If you'd had Grundy Worldwide, even your uninstalled parts would be covered. It's one of the more attractive features of their policies IMO.
Sorry to hear about your loss. It sucks on any level. I'm with Cudachick. As cheap as custom auto insurance is ,its crazy not to insure. I started out with a basic plan and upgraded when the project was done.

Sorry to hear about your damages. we got it too, but not nearly as bad as you did. Trees down, power out, no gas and so on. Good luck my friend...hope you get through this ok.

WOW Sorry to see all the damage to your home. Like everyone said I'm glad you and family are ok. Can your house be saved?

-
Back