Save AdamR's Dart

-
I could chip in 20 bucks .Pm me and let me know how.This site has saved me hundreds of dollars.

I am in on this GTXperience :cheers: I don't know what happened with our Adam:read2: I have been so busy with my self:clock: that I had no idea that he was going to have to give up his new Dart he just painted!!
I can do $35 dollars and be glad to se this happen, I am ready to put in some parts if some one douse an auction too.
I have been blest by so many great folks here and I wish I was a rich man.

Folks even just $5 dollars will go a long way and see this though
I am in for the long hall GTX :rock: I have been given so much here :happy10:I wish I could do more.

Man....I honestly HATE to be the one that says this and feels this way:

I love this place and always want to help people out. It cheers me up to talk to all you guys when the job hunt hasn't turned up anything. SIX months ago, I started with a stack of 100 Resumes and set out to find anyplace that would hire me......SIX months later...nothing, not even so much as a call back on any of the positions I have applied for.

I have sold nearly ALL of my personal Mopar stuff, my 70 Dart, my stash of 302' heads, my Torker 340 intake I bought for $100 off the donation auctions awhile back....all I am left with is my (coveted) set of 308' heads, and a Electronic SB distributor.

Where I am going with this is.......Damn I am jealous.....Adam is a great guy for starting the website, and throws his experienced .02 in on various threads, but I have liquidated ALL of my stuff, pulled back ALL of my purchases, stopped eating out, reduced my groceries to Ramen Noodles, Pinto Beans, bread, peanut butter, jelly, ham and cheese, started drinking Kool-Aid/tea and ect..the water bill is a month behind, the gas is a month behind, the mortgage is paid (gotta have a place to sleep) the Hemi Ram is a month behind, the insurance is a month behind.....I have never complained 1 time about my hardtimes and everyone around me is cool with me, my Wife and 3 little girls starving to death.....and I know there is a good amount of fellas here unemployed and in the same boat as me.

If it wasn't for my VA Disability check every 1st of the month, I would be homeless with all my immediate family packed into my VW Beetle begging for a meal everyday.

Don't throw me a chicken leg...I'll dig myself back out of this crap....but how about setting up a fund to help the unemployed?

and I still gotta $1 to help out a Mopar Brother., where do I send the money paypal?

Prine, No hard feelings at all. Thats exactly why I said what I did in the beginning. So many people are in the same boat and we cant help them all as much as we want to. I wish you the best of luck.

I want to say, I thank everyone for the gesture, I just feel if everyone helps me out and Im still behind I will feel that the car cant be sold or I will be letting those who helped down.

I spoke with a member who offered me a trade, I will speak with him again tomorrow about it in more detail. This may help me out enough without making me feel like Ive given up everything again.

Im in for $40 just let me know how!

I didn't say ^ above because I want any pity...and I appreciate you not taking it that way Adam.....I want to help everybody I can, ALL THE TIME....thats the majority of the reason I am on the site so much....heck look back through my posts....98% are trying to lend some knowledge somewhere...good/bad, I try hard.

This darn economy has everyone by the balls and things are going to get tighter....we (the wife and I) are talking about selling the house and moving to the country where we have a 3 bedroom home thats paid for just sitting vacant to try to scrape another $800 back into the budget.

(Adam) I hope you don't have to sell your car, and that your business turns back around.

And you guys are the nicest, most generous, thoughtful bunch of people I have ever seen on the internet....Bless you all....hopefully one day we can all show up to a Exclusive FABO Mopar Meet, and the MGD-MHL beer will flowith till the sun comes up.

I'm still down to donate to the cause of saving Adam's Dart....publish that paypal account so we can make something happen.

Prine, if you and your family have to jump in that beetle just head this way. I have two spare bedrooms that could keep you guys covered for about 30 days. I'm not kidding either. If you get to the point of being homeless and have no place to go you would be welcome at my house for awhile.:)
Adam, if you take our donations and still have to sell the car I would not feel like it was a loss. We know you wouldn't sell it if you didn't have to. I don't think it should be a save adam's dart thread, it should be a let's help Adam thread. Your the reason we are here.

Prine, hang in there. Things are a lot tougher these days for everyone. I honestly believe things will turn around although we will all have to just wait it out. I am glad to hear that you do have an out with selling your current house and moving to one you own clear in the country. To some, you may be further ahead of the game. Again, hang in there. BTW: Just offering $1 or whatever you can shows a lot.

The house wasn't paid for by me, it was built by my grandfather after WWII and inheirited from my grand parents when my grandfather passed away 04/08, and is currently used for storage, its a Homesteaded Estate that cannot be sold EVER....so I am not so well off as I seem, I work hard for my family/toys/needs...and buckle down when the going gets tough.....if it weren't for the 3 yellow bar WiFi signal we pick up from "someone in the neighborhood" I wouldn't be able to get on the net short of sitting in the McDonalds parking lot, or the public library!

Thanks 63', you've always been a kind fellow.
I'll be headed for West Texas if worse comes to worse.....New Mexico is a retirement state, no much to offer to the working man.

Thanks comoxian, greendart72, screamindartgt, 63dartman, 78kitcar, 340 swing, 71produster, snake, retsud043, memike, Prine & FC7freak.

Total so far: $641

GTXperience: $50
Crackedback: $50
moparmuscle64 (FBBO): $25
prhousejr (FBBO): $25
Motopsycho: $20
homecloned: $10
65vart: $20
dartman: $10
hotrodscamp: $35
daredevil: $25
country_ck: $25
comoxian: $25
greendart72: $50
screamindartgt: $25
63dartman: $25
78kitcar: $25
340 swing: $50
71produster: $25
snake: $20
retsud043: $25
memike: $35
Prine: $1
FC7freak: $40
Who's next?

Thanks to everyone for your support so far. I know Adam and his family sincerely appreciate the help. You can send your $ directly to Adam's Paypal account with the following email address: [email protected] or you can email me (because my FABO box is always full) at: [email protected] for Adam's snail mail address. Again, thanks to all.

It seems to me that with all the talk about 10,000 members here, there's no reason we should be limited to helping out one guy.

I offered to throw in $35 for this "cause". I got the number from what I recently paid for a membership to the site. An amount I am lucky enough to be able to afford right now.

If next week is good to me, I could afford another $35 and pitch in on another "cause". An on it goes. Some weeks I can't afford to do it. The point is, those of us lucky enough to give can usually give more than once, and for more than one reason.

I think Prine is on to something here... Let's get this done for Adam and move on to help more of our brothers here. I'll be there when I can.

Mike

Mike (hotrodscamp), that is a great on-going idea (one which we have tried to continue on for awhile). As a group (through donations & auctions), we have purchased a car for another deserving member and helped out several other members and their families when their were medical emergencies and low/no funds. It usually takes place when the group becomes aware of a warranted situation and is acted on. I applaud your desire to keep up the support for our members. =D>

Mike, you were also the first to get your $ in. Excellent!

It seems to me that with all the talk about 10,000 members here, there's no reason we should be limited to helping out one guy.

I offered to throw in $35 for this "cause". I got the number from what I recently paid for a membership to the site. An amount I am lucky enough to be able to afford right now.

If next week is good to me, I could afford another $35 and pitch in on another "cause". An on it goes. Some weeks I can't afford to do it. The point is, those of us lucky enough to give can usually give more than once, and for more than one reason.

I think Prine is on to something here... Let's get this done for Adam and move on to help more of our brothers here. I'll be there when I can.

Mike
Well said Mike :cheers: I know a fellow member that has been going throgh hard times and like Prine he is keeping his chin up.8)
And has been here for us all:clock: also many times. I am liking your direction on this, Joe sure has been busting his but and helping the folks here to stay on top of the game that the world is handing us.8)

I doing ok still have a job, with except 800 miles from home to get it for now.
Put me down for $50. Just send me his paypal acct.

If this a viable way for Adam to keep the car and keep the rent paid up then as I said in the other thread, I`m good for $50.00.

If I can't be broke I can't be happy,count me in for 30$where do we send it and please dont say paypal not accepted...thats all I got for car money to spend and it's in the paypal account.when my demon sells count me in for a few more

If I can't be broke I can't be happy,count me in for 30$where do we send it and please dont say paypal not accepted...thats all I got for car money to spend and it's in the paypal account.when my demon sells count me in for a few more

The Paypal/snail mail info is in post #1. Thanks.

Thanks moparwedden, lhearold, kzcountry, Longgone & waggin!

Total so far: $816

GTXperience: $50
Crackedback: $50
moparmuscle64 (FBBO): $25
prhousejr (FBBO): $25
Motopsycho: $20
homecloned: $10
65vart: $20
dartman: $10
hotrodscamp: $35
daredevil: $25
country_ck: $25
comoxian: $25
greendart72: $50
screamindartgt: $25
63dartman: $25
78kitcar: $25
340 swing: $50
71produster: $25
snake: $20
retsud043: $25
memike: $35
Prine: $1
FC7freak: $40
moparwedden: $20
lhearold: $25
kzcountry: $50
Longgone: $50
waggin: $30
Who's next?

Looks like we will be happy together then:rock:

GT P.M. me with the snail mail info please , and Adam could you P.M. with a snail mail address I can send my subscription and Jacket money to please I don't do PayPal or online credit card shopping { it's not about you it's the 100 routers it goes through between me and you } :profilel:

-
Back