Status
Not open for further replies.

1Dart2NV

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello All:
Well people are trying to save the whales - others the ozone & yet more people are trying to save the earth * Seem's as of late - I'm out trying to save old Mopars from the bone yard in the sky.

Few might remember I recently saved a 74 Dart Swinger from the scraper & now I have a 1968 Dodge Monoco 2dr hardtop * Here's a little bit about the old gal before I post some pictures.

It's a 2 owner with 63,000 original miles * Fender tag is in place & today I found the original build sheet * It's completely unmolested & totally stock - except for dual exhaust * Yup still has it's numbers matching 383-2V & it's original 727 transmission * Power steering & Am radio & Magnum 500's round out the option list.

Very solid floors - decent original Black paint - decent chrome * The trunk was also very nice before the accident * Opps - the cat is out of the bag * Yes the old girl had a tree fall on the driver's quarter panel.

The interior is Dark Red with bench seat * Need's a front seat cover * Piece of the headliner is missing by the rear window * Dash has 2 small cracks by the speaker * Door panels are nice * Rear seat very nice & the steering wheel & gauge cluster is near perfect.

Fairly new dual exhaust with turbos & tailpipes * Fairly new radiator,
alternator,regulator * Excellent tires all the way around & the rims are also very good.

It runs fantastic & believe it or not - drives great * Straight as an arrow down the road * I drove the old gal home & had it up to 105 mph with no problem before I decided I'd better back off - don't need any tickets - LOL

I have a clear New York registration & I'll start by asking $3,500.00 *
I waiting for the boys at Desert Valley to get back to me about a quarter panel & possibly a trunk lid * Maybe one of you Mopar nuts or someone you know will help me save the old girl * This is a mission of mercy - please help if you can * Thank for looking - Dan in New York 12601 * Contact 845-473-9300 days 845-546-5523 nights & weekends before 9pm EST * You can also email me direct at [email protected] for more pictures * Yes trades are also being considered.

DSC05281.jpg

DSC05280.jpg

DSC05285.jpg

DSC05286.jpg

that is my favorite year monaco. i hope it gets saved. what a nice and mean looking car!

Beware of Desert Valley Auto Parts is all I have to say from my own experience with buying from them.

how about engine, and interior pics? does the trunk still open and close?

how negotiable are you on the price?

I used to own a 68 Monaco500, Loved the car 383 4 bbl ,727 auto on floor. My last name is Monaco, If this one was a 500, I would be interested. I am looking for a 68 Monaco 500.

I see for the most part - there is still some hope for the old girl * I'm even throwing it around in regards to fixing her * Actually I did a Cuda for a guy about 5 years back that believe it or not - was far worse * Needed both quarters - frame rails & trunk * Sure it was a 70 Barracuda,but nothing super special * I guess it's boils down to the eye of the beholder whether to fix or part it out * I guess I'm just too old - but I really like the 67 - 68 Monoco body style * Semi-fastback - large package tray & I love the look's of the dash & tail lights.

Thanks for the tip on Desert Valley * I only purchased from them once in the past - front bumper for a 68 Charger around 10 years ago * It was pricey - but it did come straight & rather quickly * If anyone knows where I might try for parts - please PM me with the info - greatly appreciated. Thanks Dan

Give Neil Freeman a try in Whitehall Montana. He can usually help a guy out with just about any Mopar. I've used him a dozen times and hes a straight shooter. The Desert Valley folks are shady as can be. I only gave them one chance to burn me. The fender was junk and it was advertised to me as super clean not to mention they made about $100 off me on shipping. Then they wouldn't even talk to me about a refund or exchange. Fender took more hours to prep than it would of to repair the rust on the original. Good luck and the car is a very cool keeper regardless of the nay sayers.8)

Have you tried these guys:

http://www.wildcatmopars.com/

I haven't used them, but a wheel builder I spoke with uses them for his donor wheels. he's about a mile away from these guys and has done business with them countless times. Might be worth a shot?

Pete

Hey Pete - thanks for the tip. Wildcatmopars does have a quarter panel for $750. Another guy in up state NY has a rust free trunk lid. Waiting on pictures & price as we speak. Look's like we'll save this old gal after all. Dan

Hey Pete - thanks for the tip. Wildcatmopars does have a quarter panel for $750. Another guy in up state NY has a rust free trunk lid. Waiting on pictures & price as we speak. Look's like we'll save this old gal after all. Dan

Great to hear that you are going to repair her. The 68' Monaco is one beautiful and stylish Mopar. I love these cars and hope to someday own another one. I ran a small pinstripe down the fender and door edges to the rear tail panel on mine, Really accented the body lines of the car and made the car just look so awesome. My 68 was a Forest Green. Really cool car!!!!!!

Need a little input fellow FABO members. As you probably know I also have the Black 73 Dart Sport that I take all over. Well next year I plan on hitting the road again & do some long hauls. Check out other major Mopar events. This year I towed the Dart around on the long hauls with my 85 Chevy C-10 short bed with a 454. It hauls great when using my 16 ft. open trailer. I've been throwing this idea around - fix the Monoco & use that for the long hauls. Check it out - Black Dart - Black Monoco &
my trailer is already Black. I even have another set of Magnum 500's to put on the trailer. Put some Red-line tires on the Monoco & the trailer.
I think that would be a real cool old school tow rig - what you all think?

Need a little input fellow FABO members. As you probably know I also have the Black 73 Dart Sport that I take all over. Well next year I plan on hitting the road again & do some long hauls. Check out other major Mopar events. This year I towed the Dart around on the long hauls with my 85 Chevy C-10 short bed with a 454. It hauls great when using my 16 ft. open trailer. I've been throwing this idea around - fix the Monoco & use that for the long hauls. Check it out - Black Dart - Black Monoco &
my trailer is already Black. I even have another set of Magnum 500's to put on the trailer. Put some Red-line tires on the Monoco & the trailer.
I think that would be a real cool old school tow rig - what you all think?

Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! That Monaco has more than enough muscle to pull that trailer with the A Body. You could load up the trunk and back seat and that car will laugh at that weight.

I had a buddy who towed his '63 Chrysler 300 to Charlisle with an 80's Dodge Diesel Pick up, to the joy of Mopar enthusiasts. I think this rig would be even nicer (might even tow better) and garner cheers from all.

Okay guys you've convinced me. The Monoco is getting fixed - some fresh paint - seat cover - headliner & package tray. Oh & not to forget a class 3 hitch - LOL
Now maybe you guys can help me sell my 85 C-10. Full body restro 3 years ago on a super solid short bed. Built 462 big block - turbo 350 with kit - new Auburn posi unit with 3.42 gears. Super nice inside & out.
And it runs like a SOB. Too much to list. I got over well over 15k in it. I thinking something around 12k. Less then 10,000 miles since done.Dan

"SOLD * SOLD * SOLD" it's going to a nice home & is going to be repaired - I saved yet another piece of Mopar history - Gotta love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back