saved a good one from the crusher :)

-

moparkid340

Reaction score
hello every body its great to be back, i have not ben on here in a long time i geuse bc i havnt had a A body in a wile, i have ben fixing up a 65 polara latly as a 60s Kustom, its a daily driver now,/tank lol, any ways yesterday i was at the local pullapart picking up a small item and on my way out a old man pulled up in a old 70s ford wrecker towing a valiant. cars here at the pullapart sit on the lot and are picked 45 days untile they are crushed he was pulling the truck up on the scale as i ran up to him and yelled mister please dont scrape this car and he said well what will you give me fot it, he said they were gonna give him around 250$ for it so i put 300 in his hand as fast as i could get it out my wallet he turned the truck around and i falowed him to his shop. he told me he was hard up for money and the car was his brother who was restoring it when he passed away, we got the car unloaded and he gave me all the parts for it, its a 65???? valiant 273 v8 auto floor shift car, rust free, most body work was done engine bay inside and truck and underneath have all ben sanblasted and painted floor boards have ben replaces and all the parts are in the trunk in zip lock bags all labeled, i got the motor and everythink for the car, only think left to do body wise is drivers qourter panel but the was a replacment qourter panel in the back seat :) i cant wait to put this one togather, i think i wass build a 60s stle drag car out of it, should be a quick and simple build , im just glad i saved it from the crusher. heres a pic right after i got it on my trailor

383176_2259050875126_1214016153_31877915_11358838_n.jpg

it feels great to have another a body, this is just what iv ben looking for

Good score. That's a good one to save. That's what you call right place right time.

We all thank you for saving this beautiful car. It will put another Mopar on the road. And hope it pushes a ferd or chebby off it...

Great save!! King is a nice little town. I use to live in Lexington.

Sounds to me like it was something bigger than mere luck that you were at the pull-a-part right when the seller brought in his deceased brother's Valiant.

Even if you don't believe in that sort of thing, that car deserved to be saved from the crusher, good for you.

The A Body god have smiled upon you my friend.Now keep the Carma (Karma) going and find a friend you can help. Good score ..

thank you everybody im relly looking foward to this project

Me too, it was meant for you to have this car, I hope you stay in touch with the old man whose brother was restoring the car, it will make him feel good to see what you do with it.

A V8 early a Coupe :shaking2: Outstanding save for sure :cheers:
Congratulations :D I bet the family is so glad you have it and looking forward to watching it grow, Welcome back moparkid340 :cheers:

Thanks and i agree it was ment to be iv ben searching the web for a early a body coupe to put a strait front axel under and now this happend. So i feel pretty good about it. The old man also has a 1950 dodge 2 door that i want he told me when i got the valiant driving he will sell it to me And mike its good to hear from you it has ben a long time hope you are doing well!

-
Back