saved me...................

-
I have seen drugs (alcohol among them) ruin or end more of my friends lives than anything else

i stopped 2 mths ago got to many other problem to add this to.. stop now and get your life in order man work on the cars do anything to take time away from the drinking and problems...mike

well glad your ok...
offer on the SF cruse still stands and for the time being so does the offer on helping me with my frozen power steering bolt. :p

You and I have talked before friend, you know that I'm a recovering alcoholic and addict, I've been there and I know what it is like. No one knows how it's truly like unless they have been there. I have. I have lost a many friend to alcohol I don't want you to be the next brother. I'm not going to come down on you like your mom or father .... just talk . So if you want to talk feel free to James.... we love you brother!

I have been sober for over 16 years. You may think you will miss out on something but it is the total opposite. I have WAY more fun than I ever did when I was smashed. Most people who get sober will tell you the same thing. Living high or buzzed is living a LIE!

Just think if you stopped drinking you would have the $$ to finish your Dart!

That's all I gotta say about that!

Congrats on the 16 years Mad Dart.... I have 9 yrs. What you said about "missing out on something" kept me out there for years. After I sobered up and started living I wished I had done it a lot sooner. :angry7:

My avatar actually helps remind me who I am..... really who I am.

having something bad almost happen changes nothing,having something terrible happen changes everything.ill put it to you bluntly.....you drink because you cant handle reality.ive been there.ive used every drug know to may and done terrible things as a result.AND YOU WONT STOP UNTIL YOU WANT TO QUIT MORE THAN YOU WANT TO DRINK.i know this for a fact as well having been sober for some years.i only hope your pain tollerance is not as high as mine was,because that is what you headed for.more pain and misery than you can possibly imagine.....pm me if you want to talk.good luck.

James....please don't take anything I am going to say the wrong way or as picking on you or trying to start trouble.

this is not the first on of these threads I have seen from you or the first time you have mentioned drinking and driving.

I see you say you are going to "TRY to stop" you need to understand that you can't stop until you stop saying you will "TRY" .....you need to say " I AM GOING TO STOP!!!"

I know you have gone through some rough stuff and that **** can be hard to deal with sometimes. but you have got to fix it because that is no way to live man.

I have always got along great with you here on FABO and we have alot in common and your one funny sum betch .

BUT Being a father of a little one and knowing that there are people such as you out there that make STUPID mistakes is scary as ****.

I was always told growing up when I started to drive...."don't always worry about how you are driving, worry about how the other guy is driving"

I take things like this seriously, its not a laughing matter....its pure stupidity .....I would assume its truly hard to understand exactly the impact that ripples from such a choice unless you yourself are a parent and have that extra bit of worry....or if you yourself have lost a close friend or family member because of something like that.

James, you know if you ever need to talk just send me a PM man, or anyone here for that matter!!!! we all have your back and care about whats going on with you...but you have GOT to wise the F&*$ up and I don't want to see any more posts like this man.

Hey brother try and find something to do to take your mind off the booze. I have freinds who have had the addiction, and have lost four friends due the drinking and driving, and would hate for you to become a statistic. Seek help and maybe join a club or a gym...something to get your mind off of thinking about it 24/7. Good luck!

Yup.Look at his posting history 8)
Forum: Mopar Automobiles For Sale
post_old.gif
12-19-2010, 01:34 PM Replies: 8
thread_hot.gif
Craigslist 68 340 formula S Fastback # match
Views: 249
Posted By mopardude318
wow....just what I want...Id have to spend all my...

wow....just what I want...Id have to spend all my money in the savings to get it though. lol

Forum: Mopar Mechanical Parts For Sale
post_old.gif
12-19-2010, 01:29 PM Replies: 7
thread_hot.gif
set of brand new dougs d453 headers
Views: 227
Posted By mopardude318
wow! 340plot, cmon! after all this header talk...

wow! 340plot, cmon! after all this header talk the last few weeks, now that u have a set ur getting rid of them? lol....good price though..i bet u would be happier with the headers...:):)

Forum: Members Restorations
post_old.gif
12-19-2010, 12:49 PM Replies: 5
thread.gif
My 70 340 Swinger
Views: 89
Posted By mopardude318
wow....looks really nice!!! you did a sweet job!...

wow....looks really nice!!! you did a sweet job! :)

Forum: General Discussion
post_old.gif
12-19-2010, 12:38 PM Replies: 57
thread_hot_new.gif
Views: 1,128
Posted By mopardude318
I know Scott. I slightly remember the cops saying...

I know Scott. I slightly remember the cops saying they know my car, they will pull me over every time they see it to check on me, if I had been drinking. lol...Yep..There will be no next time...

Forum: Mopar Automobiles For Sale
post_old.gif
12-19-2010, 01:34 PM Replies: 8
thread_hot.gif
Craigslist 68 340 formula S Fastback # match
Views: 249
Posted By mopardude318
wow....just what I want...Id have to spend all my...

wow....just what I want...Id have to spend all my money in the savings to get it though. lol

Forum: Mopar Mechanical Parts For Sale
post_old.gif
12-19-2010, 01:29 PM Replies: 7
thread_hot.gif
set of brand new dougs d453 headers
Views: 227
Posted By mopardude318
wow! 340plot, cmon! after all this header talk...

wow! 340plot, cmon! after all this header talk the last few weeks, now that u have a set ur getting rid of them? lol....good price though..i bet u would be happier with the headers...:):)

Forum: Members Restorations
post_old.gif
12-19-2010, 12:49 PM Replies: 5
thread.gif
My 70 340 Swinger
Views: 89
Posted By mopardude318
wow....looks really nice!!! you did a sweet job!...

wow....looks really nice!!! you did a sweet job! :)

Forum: General Discussion
post_old.gif
12-19-2010, 12:38 PM Replies: 57
thread_hot_new.gif
Views: 1,128
Posted By mopardude318
I know Scott. I slightly remember the cops saying...

I know Scott. I slightly remember the cops saying they know my car, they will pull me over every time they see it to check on me, if I had been drinking. lol...Yep..There will be no next time...

Drinking and driving is not a "mistake" or an "accident," it's a DECISION. I don't like it when people kill themselves, but I get downright PISSED when they go out and kill other people.

This society allows everyone to be "victims" and no one is at fault for what they do. Man up, take responsibility for your actions, and stop what you’re doing before the real victims are involved in a manslaughter case.

Despite where this thread is going...Im glad you replied to my p.m bro. Tsake the time to love yourself enough and get some help K?

Get help before you kill yourself or and other people drunk driving is nothing to laugh at!!!!

Please don't drink and drive. This needs to be addressed immediately. The drinking is definitely not helping you find what you said you're missing or what you're looking for. It is a journey that ultimately ends in tragedy for you and everyone around you. Aside from this, what are your religious beliefs? We are all here to talk to ya. I pray that God provides guidance for you.

.............James.........please stop this madness.......we are here as your friend and family.....we will support you, but you have to want our help.........your a great young man........seek out out help...........we love you James..................kim............

James, how you doing bud?

I havent seen anything on the thread or got a PM back from you. Just curious to see how you have been.

send me a message some time

I used to have "periods of regret" or "pity pot parties". I would do some stupid things because of my drinking like driving drunk, hurt someones feelings mainly my girlfriends, loose bunch of money, etc... Then I would talk to people about how Im going quit, straighten up, start doing the right things, drink less, etc...

That lasted at most a couple days because I got feeling better. "Ah that wasn't that bad" and I was right back drunk again doing the exact same things.

It's insanity....... doing the exact same things over and over expecting different results.

Most alcoholics need tough love more that a pat on back "Its ok eveything is going to be alright" Im speaking for myself. I wasn't ready to change anything until everyone started having enough of my BS and started shutting me out, and quit helping (enabling). I wasn't ever going to get sober without it getting bad first. Why would I? Tough love is best way to sobriety, but there is a chance the alcoholic might not make it in that period of time. Alcohol WILL kill!

Jim, you mentioned that you have an emptiness that you are trying to fill. Alcohol is the wrong filling. You feel bad for some reason, so you drink. Imagine how much worse you will feel if you kill some innocent person or family.

You have to come to grips with what is bothering you, and deal with it. Many others have been in your place. Some have chosen to go with God. Others have taken up a hobby, or became volunteers for a noble cause. Become a body builder, or a Big Brother. Take up Martial Arts, Yoga, photography, or building model cars. These are just a few examples of outlets, but there is a whole world of almost limitless options available out there for you. Find something, or several things, that you really enjoy, and throw yourself into it/them. You need to sit down and really have a heart to heart with someone about this. Drinking is not a solution. It is just another problem.

We all have problems. I havent been able to find a decent job in over two years, and have two young kids, and a daughter in college. My situation bothers me greatly, yet I dont turn to drinking. Most of us aren't famous or rich. We will never be able to have all of the material things that we want, but inner peace is available to everyone. You just have to find what does it for you. And its not always easy to do, but looking for it is better than killing yourself and/or someone else.

I have friends that are alcoholics. They never get over the thirst, but they are strong enough to resist the desire. Be strong. Your answer is out there. Dont let it pass you by because you are too drunk to see it. If talking to friends and family doesnt help, seek professional help through AA or counseling. There is no shame in that. Dont let false pride keep you from finding that inner peace that you so desperately need.

And always remember: "The First One, IS The Worst One!"

-
Back