Say Hello to Jake

-

demon seed

The Original Demon Seed
Reaction score
Well we went and done it. It's been to quiet around here lately, since loosing our last friend so we went and got a new 8 week old Blue Merle Sheltie. There's no rime nor reason to this guys coloring and if he turns out to be half as smart as our old friend Sam we'll both be happy. Now comes the crappy part about puppies, the dreaded house training.

P1010001.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010007.jpg

Great news!I wish I could get one(not in the cards right now)I love his colours and they make a good dog around kids!When I first had my collie/sheppard cross we put paper down and he took to it instantly.Good Luck!

Good dogs and very smart.

Yea Jake is our 3rd Sheltie in 20 yrs and we love the breed as long as you can stand the barking. He's only been with us for 3 days and allready knows sit and lie down. I sometimes term it as being this breed is "scarey smart".

Terry

Congratz Terry! He's a cute little guy. :) He does look like he's got some good good size paws on him and he looks good and "thick" too.

He's a cute little guy. The neighbour behind me has a Sheltie, doesn't bark too much unless I get near their yard, when I do he really lets me have it #-o

Thank you very much Joe but are you saying my dog's fat LOL, actually you should have seen him when I picked him up from the breeder I swear to god he had a beer belly. What with moms milk and dried dog food as well for 5 days before I got him he looked like he was going to burst which he did on the ride home but thank god I was prepared for that. He would eat like a horse if I let him. Ya gotto be careful as Sheltie puppies are known as binge eaters but they usually figure out that eating to much causes an upset stomach and then puking. I've been lucky over the years as I can usually just keep their bowls full of food and they won't over eat, once they're adults anyway. Oh yea, he's already sleeping through the night which helps.

Terry

He's a cute little guy. The neighbour behind me has a Sheltie, doesn't bark too much unless I get near their yard, when I do he really lets me have it #-o

Hey Rob, I'll bet ya if you went in his yard he'd try licking ya to death. Shelties are good at play acting tough.

Terry

Hello Jake. Congrats on your new addition to your family. :cheers:

Thank you very much Joe but are you saying my dog's fat LOL, actually you should have seen him when I picked him up from the breeder I swear to god he had a beer belly.

Terry

LMAO! No man, just that he looks healthy and stout is all. I didn't know that these guys binge. Merlin only eats what he needs but I swear Maxi would look like a barrel with two bug eyes if I just let her eat. You'd think she was freakin' starving.

Shelties are cool dogs. I thought about buying one to keep my Aussie company but two active dogs would be too much.

Congrats Terry.......Little Jake is a real cutie and great markings!! :)

I've been thinking about getting another pup too.:grommit:

Well we went and done it. It's been to quiet around here lately, since loosing our last friend so we went and got a new 8 week old Blue Merle Sheltie. There's no rime nor reason to this guys coloring and if he turns out to be half as smart as our old friend Sam we'll both be happy. Now comes the crappy part about puppies, the dreaded house training.

Great little pup!!!!! I have a blue merle Border Collie so I have a major soft spot for the merles.

Here's a shot of our Riley, that we lost just last spring. She was 10 years of solid love!!!

Know what you're going through 65Val, we lost Sam 4 months ago and he was only 5. He left a major hole in our hearts that we're hoping Jake can fill.

Terry

-
Back