sb 4 speed questions on 63 dart gt

-

superslant

Reaction score
Have a 63 dart gt. Thinking I want to ditch slant six and put a 360 I have and a 4 speed. Dad has a 4 speed laying around out of a 68 road runner. Can I use this in my early A? or do I have to find another trans. Also do I have to find an A body specific bellhousing? This has probably been covered but easier for me to get answers this way. I get side tracked when I start searching threads. Will have to find bellhousing, clutch/pressure plate, linkage, 4 speed hump, pedal setup. Anything else I will need for this swap? Thanks so much and happy holidays everyone

Any way to delete this thread? The more I read the more I just want to keep going on my slant. Sounds like turbocharging isnt that far out of reach for me.

I have a rebuilt 360 out of a camper and I have a 4 speed. Just thought I maybe could have a little more burnout fun with a sb setup instead of the six. Swapped 8 3/4 suregrip 3.55's and the springs that came with it. But... If I can find someone to set me up with one of those turbo headers and point me in the right direction..... Maybe that'd be more fun and different. Have a drag truck already so not so worried about how it will do on the drag strip just want something we can take to car shows, cruises and still light up the tires good on the back roads. Will probably still see strip action though when the trucks broke......

first off ,you need to adjust your trans tunnel ,as its smaller on the 63 ,the 360 will need an external balance flywheel ,or you will rattle your teeth and bearings out in no time,you will need v8 drag link and headers ,the convertion is not that straight forward on the 63

-
Back