-
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrAybody

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hi guys I'm looking for a set of slightly used or new Single valve springs / Dampner with keepers and retainers for my 340 x heads . I have a 508 mp hydraulic camshaft .
Lmk what you have . I can have them shipped to USA address

Seats have not been cut in the heads just stock . Single springd should be adequate enough For street use mainly . And need enough spring to accept the new lift of the cam .

Seats have not been cut in the heads just stock . Single springd should be adequate enough For street use mainly . And need enough spring to accept the new lift of the cam .

Ok. Hopefully the heads will take that much lift before the retainers hit the valve guides. I've checked a few sets of heads and dimensions vary greatly. Some will only handle as little as .450 lift while others will take up to .520 lift.

I have a brand new set of 942-16 Comps. I don't know if they will work for you or not, you will have to research it and see. I think they might, but I am not sure. I need a taller spring for mine and these will not quite work.

Ok. Hopefully the heads will take that much lift before the retainers hit the valve guides. I've checked a few sets of heads and dimensions vary greatly. Some will only handle as little as .450 lift while others will take up to .520 lift.

I'd better do some research/ checking clearance first perhaps then, I was told the x heads would have no issues with this cam .

I'd better do some research/ checking clearance first perhaps then, I was told the x heads would have no issues with this cam .

If you have an old retainer and set of locks install a valve stem seal then slip the retainer and locks on and you can measure how much valve lift it'll handle without the retainer hitting. You need a safety factor of at least .050"...

One thing to note is that .508 cam will only have about .485~490 lift at the valve due to the complex lifter to pushrod to rocker arm angles if you are running std 1.5 ratio rockers

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back