SBP Rallyes made wider?

-

70dart

Reaction score
Has anyone here cut their small bolt pattern rallyes and welded a piece in the center to run slicks or a wide street tire? If so what was the process you used and are there any restrictions or limitations, any issues at all.

I thought it seemed like a possible more cost effective method then a new set of nice rims, thanks guys!

Ive made them using 4 wheels
cut them on the lathe, using one half of one and part of the other to make them wider...

I had my ralleys made to 7.5 wide then put 265 50 14's on them. Just had a local shop do them for a cost of 120.00. One of the rims was bent and when I bought them. The guy gave me a deal if I took all 4 for $100.00

Deml.JPG

Thanks for the info Guys. I thought getting them welded straight might be a challenge. I guess I will have to take my time and pay close attention. I'm anewbie guys so for give my stupidity on this one but how wide is a 265 50 14 tire? I am moving my springs into the frame and splitting the wheel well and welding a piece in and I want to fill it. what is the widest tire that I can run in there without clearance issues, and how wide would I half to have the rime to accomodat it. Thanks again guys you are all great!! :notworth:

The 265 50R14 has a section width of 10.4 inches and is 22.4 inches tall. The tire is a BFG T/A. These fit with no rubbing what so ever, This car has the stock 8 3/4 with 10 inch drums.

u can buy a blank for the 15x8 chev 1/2 ton 73-87 and have your center installed, it is a perfect fit....I have had this done a few times................kim

I run 14's on my Demon -- widened to 8.5" with M/T L60-14 (275/60-14) tires and have no problem with stock springs and stock height.

DSCF1259.jpg

This pic was with M/T 295/50-14s (Competitor Series, no longer made) back before I replaced them with the Indy Profiles...

Demon33.jpg

We bought new 15x10 rims (12-1/4" center for Mopars) and installed a set of small bolt steel wheel centers. The steel wheels were spot welded to the rim so we drilled out the spot welds. We cracked an original center and decided to go big bolt. I removed two centers and installed a pair of big bolt rallye wheel centers (fully welded - used a cutoff tool to cut the original weld). Use a dial indicator to get them in straight.

-
Back