Scammers

-
F9AEB39F-EE4F-4691-B060-01A2FEDD8EB6.gif

I had 2 of these **** Rats hit me up in the last week or so from a wanted thread. The mods took care of them both (Thanks).

On a side note........I was looking for a sail boat part and joined a forum just to find the part.....The person that contacted me joined the forum just to sell some parts. Both of us were brand new......LOL. you should have seen the hoops I made them jump through before I sent the cash.....Albeit, shaking when I hit the send button. Luckily it all worked out.

I hate to sound like a broken record but if you see suspicious PM's or posts, just hit the report button. Joey has some good software that wipes them off the site.

Don't know if there's a spot on this sight to list scammers or if anyone wants to know of any but I was just tried to be scammed by a new member on here that sent me other members pictures of parts and tried to get money from me.
Scammer tried with me yesterday, but no go. His handle here, “lemap68”, I believe, and somebody named “Ashley Moody (ex. hubby was apparently a member here before he passed away) replied to my headrests wanted thread. lemap68 had just joined yesterday.

Scammer tried with me yesterday, but no go. His handle here, “lemap68”, I believe, and somebody named “Ashley Moody (ex. hubby was apparently a member here before he passed away) replied to my headrests wanted thread. lemap68 had just joined yesterday.
Did you report the PM?

They prey on “parts wanted” threads, FB is really bad….it’s almost better NOT to post a wanted ad and just search a little harder for your parts! I’d say a good amount of the time the ones getting scammed had ads looking for stuff, before they realize it’s to good to be true it usually is….need to be careful

-
Back