Scammers!

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I had a guy pm me about my 75 AMC Hornet. Asked if I had sold it? and as it is listed on FB Marketplace and the FB AMC group sites. He did send a link to a site called Bangshift.com. I have pm them but not heard back. Seems like the guys at Bangshift wrote an article about MY Hornet with several pics of my car with a different background. The article gives all the history of the Hornent and asks what would you do to make this blank canvas YOUR ride. At the end of the artilcle it mentions this car for sale there for $195O andit is A STEAL!!!!
Yea I have it listed cheap enough for sure but NOT at $1950.. I have had a couple of guy ask IF I had sold my car and/or IF I bought this car and then jacked the price up to flip it!!! SCAMMERS,,,,, May they rot in HELL!

I had a guy pm me about my 75 AMC Hornet. Asked if I had sold it? and as it is listed on FB Marketplace and the FB AMC group sites. He did send a link to a site called Bangshift.com. I have pm them but not heard back. Seems like the guys at Bangshift wrote an article about MY Hornet with several pics of my car with a different background. The article gives all the history of the Hornent and asks what would you do to make this blank canvas YOUR ride. At the end of the artilcle it mentions this car for sale there for $195O andit is A STEAL!!!!
Yea I have it listed cheap enough for sure but NOT at $1950.. I have had a couple of guy ask IF I had sold my car and/or IF I bought this car and then jacked the price up to flip it!!! SCAMMERS,,,,, May they rot in HELL!
Hit the report button on that pm. I need to check this character out.

The article I found dates back to 2016, is this it?

I had a guy just while ago asked about the Hornet and said that article was from 2016.. I had had probably 3 guy text me over the last few months about this and call scammer!
I replied back to an inquiry just a few minutes ago. also referring to this Bandshift article an price , .... that I bought it about 3-4 years ago, I spent a good $2500 on parts and paint/primers etc on it including ALL the body work myself... and yes I paid $2000 when I bought it, plus drove 8 hours to Dallas and spent $100 in fuel and another $100 that wife spent at BucKees> At my price of $3500 maybe I will raise the price!!!! ha :BangHead:

:BangHead::steering:

And what is so funny.... I had another guy just yesterday offer me $2000 instead of my $3500 price. A different guy.
I guess people search the darn internet and find a previous owner had it listed at $2000 *8 friggin years ago!
And this has nothing to do with scammers I admit!!!! But....Facebook is full of scammers!

I had a guy just while ago asked about the Hornet and said that article was from 2016.. I had had probably 3 guy text me over the last few months about this and call scammer!
I replied back to an inquiry just a few minutes ago. also referring to this Bandshift article an price , .... that I bought it about 3-4 years ago, I spent a good $2500 on parts and paint/primers etc on it including ALL the body work myself... and yes I paid $2000 when I bought it, plus drove 8 hours to Dallas and spent $100 in fuel and another $100 that wife spent at BucKees> At my price of $3500 maybe I will raise the price!!!! ha :BangHead:

:BangHead::steering:
Yup, thats the way the scammers work

You could use this as an opportunity to up sell the things you have done in the past 8 years
I thought the deal in that BangShift place was a scam. I have never heard of that site anyway. I guess most of the "modern" buyers search all of the puter for any related sale ads anywhere from any point in time. Dunno. Several people thought it was a scam. Maybe some thought I was a scammer!> Dunno again.
When I buy a project, I pay what I think it is worth as a project, which 99% of the time is 1/2 1/3 or 1/4 of what they are sking on CL or FB Marketplace. Most is junk and most all is overpriced from what anyone will pay for such. That way when I sell ff a car, which they always eventually find a new and loving home I don't lose my ***. I usually bought break even.
I have a RoadToad I have owned 10 years. I did the body/paint back then and it has sat. No one wants a road toad!!! ha.... Like said, I bought this Hornet 3-4 years ago.
I am just amazed by all the scammers on FB. and all the sex trafficers?? I guess is what they are. I have not figured out their plan yet! But there are a couple of FB car groups that has this BS there every day. How do I block such from pm me everyday there??????

I thought the deal in that BangShift place was a scam. I have never heard of that site anyway. I guess most of the "modern" buyers search all of the puter for any related sale ads anywhere from any point in time. Dunno. Several people thought it was a scam. Maybe some thought I was a scammer!> Dunno again.
When I buy a project, I pay what I think it is worth as a project, which 99% of the time is 1/2 1/3 or 1/4 of what they are sking on CL or FB Marketplace. Most is junk and most all is overpriced from what anyone will pay for such. That way when I sell ff a car, which they always eventually find a new and loving home I don't lose my ***. I usually bought break even.
I have a RoadToad I have owned 10 years. I did the body/paint back then and it has sat. No one wants a road toad!!! ha.... Like said, I bought this Hornet 3-4 years ago.
I am just amazed by all the scammers on FB. and all the sex trafficers?? I guess is what they are. I have not figured out their plan yet! But there are a couple of FB car groups that has this BS there every day. How do I block such from pm me everyday there??????

How are they contacting you, FB, craigslist, PM on here, by phone??

Have you found where your contact info is listed? You can block people on some of the venues and your phone.

Facebook. I have joined some car groups there and I have asked the admistrator of this group TO delete me, but these people send their BS direct to my messages. I just get tired of seeing I have a PM and all it is, is some slut. Many others have complained also.

Facebook. I have joined some car groups there and I have asked the admistrator of this group TO delete me, but these people send their BS direct to my messages. I just get tired of seeing I have a PM and all it is, is some slut. Many others have complained also.
I looked at your FB profile and its setup so anyone can see your info(no private info) and anyone can message you. You can limit this to cut down on the BS

Thanks I can try that. When I have a few parts to sell on there, IF I hav NO info people will think I am a scammer!!!! No way to win!!!

Just tell them the price is adjusted for bidenflation and your finders fee. If they don't like your price they can move along.

yup, that's right brother...
I quit FB 6 or 7 years ago...
Can;t say I dont miss marketplace, but just to intrusive for me personally

Never got involved with fb. Have a friend who is listing some stuff, for me, to include building materials and such, beyond the car parts. However, nothing is selling. The typical responses are - 1) A flurry of responses, with out of area phone codes all asking if it is available. 2) A few "dreamers" also out of the area, who didn't read the ad throughly and determine where the items are 3) Finally some locals - who only are "nibblers" and are frankly not serious. Am guessing yes, it is the bideneconomics.

^^^ Despite what the CNN news says, our economy is NOT booming and for the little guy, inflation has taken a chunk out of the butt.
CL, FM Marketplace, 99% of what old projet cars especially, on there are way overpriced. Projects that sell quickly are models in demand that run and are priced cheap enough. Rollers are real slow because 80% of them are missing half their parts and not even good parts cars! at 3 times their worth.

I price my old cars at very close to what I will take, fair to me and the buyer. I don't price them way up hoping some fool will pay that.
But, hardest thing to sell is a low priced car even if a bargain for what it is. It is harder for a poor man to find an extra $than it is for the wealthy man to find an extra $60,000/

Another thing. People an get a price in their heads they will have to pay forth ol car they want. I have priced cars too cheap, and sold them after I raised the price. This way way before the internet.

Now days, people search the net and find a car 2 before me, previous owner priced at $1950 and since has had $3000 in parts spent plus ????? worth of labor!!!!!! :BangHead:

-
Back