Scamp gets open body surgery!

-
Don't you just love it when it's too much trouble for someone to help you out, especially when they have the tools required, and you fully expect to pay for the time they spend on your parts? Pathetic!! It seems you're a lot like me when something like that happens, cause I just get my a$$ in a knot and then find a way to do it myself. Good on you. Keep us posted on your progress.

Used to be, good help is hard to find, now it's any help is hard to find. Good on ya for getting the tools and doing it your self. It's more rewarding, plus at the end you have more tools for future projects :toothy7:

You should have said something Kevin, I have a bead roller, brake, a hand-held shearer...I want an english wheel, a friend of mine has one so I can use it but it's not like having it in your own garage.

Dave

GTGrinly said:
You should have said something Kevin, I have a bead roller, brake, a hand-held shearer...I want an english wheel, a friend of mine has one so I can use it but it's not like having it in your own garage.

Dave

Thanks for the offer Dave but like you said i will have everything here i need and i also have the tools for a future projects or projects.

ted_sweet said:
why not buy a repro trunk floor?

The original one was rotted so i decided to put in a flat floor and use a fuel cell,i moved the springs in so by eliminating the fuel tank i will have more room to run the exhaust.

Got the beads rolled in with the help of my Dad and brother,it came out pretty good for the first time any of us ever did them.
The floor is tacked in just a few more welds to be done then i can start the grinding.
If i get all done tomorrow i'll post some more pics.,hopefully the pics. will be better than the last one's.

Cool. I cut my trunk floor out and welded a flat floor in. My springs are move into the frame and the cell is in the trunk. Makes a lot of room under the car. What's the bead roller for?

You guys go to the http://metalmeet.com/ up there? That's some cool stuff. Too bad nobody does that stuff around here.

that site is sweet! I am a welder fabricator, and sheet metal work is something Id like to learn a lot more about. I added that to my favorites! :thumbup:

That looks pretty sweet, I would love to replace my trunk with something symetrical and flat.. not lumpy as hell with that black seal crap mopar used..

Looks good from here.. keep us posted and do you have a picture of the underside?

did you intend to use a cell? or is it not feasable to use the stock tank with that with your new trunk bed?

Cerwin

Awesome job, might do that in my 70 after seeing yours, kudos to you! Isn't it amazing how many tools you pick up along the way to finishing a project, and good to have for the next one you get after you say you will never do another again :thumbup:

Got it all welded up today and even managed to get one of the trunk floor exts. welded in.
How does it look?
228041585.jpg

228041578.jpg

Underneath pics. for Cerwin.
228041615.jpg

228041588.jpg

228041585.jpg

228041578.jpg

228041615.jpg

228041588.jpg

well looks like im going to go cut mine out now too.. because that looks real good.

i believe ill alter mine so that i have a huge trunk, now i just have to figure out how or what kind of tank i should use.. because mine is brand new.
maybe ill alter that too! good work man, thanks for the pictures. its neat and tidy..

Jeff

It's big and roomy now but the 16 gallon fuel cell i'm gonna use is gonna take up alot of that space.
Plus i might relocate the battery to the trunk so there goes any room i had left.

Nice job. Looks great! When you want something done it's sometimes best to just do it yourself. And by the looks of it your work paid off.

70Duster440 said:
Nice job. Looks great! When you want something done it's sometimes best to just do it yourself. And by the looks of it your work paid off.

That's what i say to "just do it yourself"!
It's not a professional job but it came out decent,i'm not building a show car so i guess it doesn't have to be perfect.

Next thing is to hang the qtrs. and start fitting the wheeltubs to the qtrs.

Look's like a nise custom job well dun Kev :blob:

ramcharger said:
Good job! Sure doesn't look like the first one you did!

Thanks ramcharger but yes it is the very 1st trunk floor i ever made,infact i bought the bead roller and metal brake just to make it.

GTGrinly said:
Did you make the trunk extensions as well ? Nice job..

No i got them from Auto Body Specialties,my brother said i should have made them to but i already had them so i figured i might well use them.

-
Back