Scamp gets open body surgery!

-
Awesome job Kevin, the pros couldn't have done it any better. It's nice to do stuff like this yourself as you pay more attn to detail then some people do when doing work for others. I'm definately considering it now!

How come you waited until all that kind of work was done on mine Kev? You wern't trying to avoid doing mine were you? LOL

Great looking work!!!!!!

I can see a steady stream of A-body guy's going to your garage in the future. You better hide. Maybe catch that bear and tie it up outside. LOL

Jack

Coyote Jack said:
How come you waited until all that kind of work was done on mine Kev? You wern't trying to avoid doing mine were you? LOL
Damn you figured out my plan!!

Great looking work!!!!!!

I can see a steady stream of A-body guy's going to your garage in the future. You better hide. Maybe catch that bear and tie it up outside. LOL

Garage is full, actually a little over full!
Hmmmm, how does one go about catching a bear? :scratch:

70dart said:
Awesome job Kevin, the pros couldn't have done it any better. It's nice to do stuff like this yourself as you pay more attn to detail then some people do when doing work for others. I'm definately considering it now!

Thanks 70Dart,it came out pretty good coulda been a little better though one of the beads has a little bit of a wobble in it but once i get the fuel cell in it will be hidden.

never even noticed! What type of bead roller did you get, how much and where. I think I need one, then again I think I need alot of things!

70dart said:
never even noticed! What type of bead roller did you get, how much and where. I think I need one, then again I think I need alot of things!

I bought it from Harbor Freight ( harborfreight.com ),it's not a real good one but it's good enough for what i need.

AdamR said:
Here you go Kev.
Thanks Adam!

Now on with the evolution of the EvilScamp!
I managed to get one of the tubs in this weekend,what a pain in the *** to get trimmed to fit the qtr.!
233428951.jpg

233428961.jpg

233428957.jpg

Looking really good, and you were actually considering farming this work out??? No need to even cosider from what I see!! What gauge metal did you use for the tubs? :thumbup:

70dart said:
Looking really good, and you were actually considering farming this work out??? No need to even cosider from what I see!! What gauge metal did you use for the tubs? :thumbup:

The tubs i got from Jeg's they were made by Competition Engineering,there fairly thin either 20 or 22 gauge.

Great job EvilScamp!! You are moving forward and is looking great.
Hope the other side will go better for you man. :thumbup:
Enjoy :toothy7:

Managed to get the other tub and trunk floor ext. in,not quite done yet got little to finish up.
237288520.gif

237288588.gif

237288579.gif

Looks good. I was told to do the quarters first and then the tubs. What ever works for you though.

I was also given a tip to fiberglass the tub to the quarter as most cars just use silicone but the first time you shake the tires it breaks the silicone seal.

Guitar Jones said:
Looks good. I was told to do the quarters first and then the tubs. What ever works for you though.

I was also given a tip to fiberglass the tub to the quarter as most cars just use silicone but the first time you shake the tires it breaks the silicone seal.

What i did was use self tapping screws to fasten the qtr. then trim the tub to fit the opening,that way i can take the qtr. off and trim and fit as i go it's little extra work i guess but it seems to work.

As far as fastening the tub to the qtr. i'm gonna use a really strong seam sealer that my Dad got me from where he works.
This stuff is so strong it will tear the metal apart before the sealer breaks.

Hey you are moving right along EvilScamp.
Was that one a little easier than the first one.
Keep up the good work, Looking great. :blob:

That's wicked!

What kind of paint is all that silver? Rust Bullet? Can you weld right over top of it? I don't seen any grind marks where you've welded.

65s said:
What kind of paint is all that silver? Rust Bullet? Can you weld right over top of it? I don't seen any grind marks where you've welded.

The paint is stuff i been buying at Carlisle it's from company out of Jersey called PM Industries, it's a little expensive but it's worth it!

Here's the link http://nomorerust.com/aboutus.html just click on Product info.

Guitar Jones said:
As long as it works, that is all that matters. You've done an awesome looking job with it.

Thanks GJ, that means alot coming a guy that does as nice work as you do!:toothy7:

-
Back