scams

-

roadfury87

Reaction score
hey got a question here if this has happend to someone else if you buy a product off a website such as ebay and the seller does not send you the product what hoops do you got to go through to get your money back or the product or am i just ganna have to bite the bullet and suffer the loss i have a feeling i got had i will know this thursday or nxt week if i dont recieve my package

I bought a slant 6 Offy valve cover off eBay. Never received it. eBay refunded my money after completing their "Item not received" process.

hey got a question here if this has happend to someone else if you buy a product off a website such as ebay and the seller does not send you the product what hoops do you got to go through to get your money back or the product or am i just ganna have to bite the bullet and suffer the loss i have a feeling i got had i will know this thursday or nxt week if i dont recieve my package

I just went through this on eBay. You have 45 days to file a case or your SOL to get help from eBay or PayPal. Credit card companies may have different rules.

Your location is Alsaka and stuff takes time to get there. Has the seller entered a tracking number? You can find it on your purchased items page.

nope no tracking number talked to him sunday over the phone said he would put the package in the mail monday he contacted me again and said he shipped it off but i owe him more money shipping was 360 bucks at first that kinda sucked but then he said i owed him more on top of that i told him to send me a receipt that was yesterday now today i cant get ahold of him and havent seen the paper so supposedly my package will be here thueday or friday so i guess i wait and see then file the claim

yea its the auction i won but i think i jumped the gun and didnt look double check things so if i get it then ok i dont know guess i will see what happens the shipping is what got me i think 360 was the orginal shipping cost then he added 15 bucks to it said he allready mailed it but expexcts me to pay more without seein the recipt

nope no tracking number talked to him sunday over the phone said he would put the package in the mail monday he contacted me again and said he shipped it off but i owe him more money shipping was 360 bucks at first that kinda sucked but then he said i owed him more on top of that i told him to send me a receipt that was yesterday now today i cant get ahold of him and havent seen the paper so supposedly my package will be here thueday or friday so i guess i wait and see then file the claim

If he priced shipping and you paid he is SOL as far as eBay/PayPal is concerned. I have lost money on shipping more than once and 360 bucks sounds really over priced to ship two heads to Alaska.

.............Whenever u buy anything from ebay or elsewhere and u pay with p/p always get them to print off a shipping label thru p/p.......that way p/p can track it and u know whether or not its been shipped.......kim.....

This was his first purchase on eBay.

Gang.... he bought these on Sunday and today is Tuesday. They are shipping to Alaska from the east coast.

there is a scam going on with eBay motors. I found an ad on Yahoo autos and got a message stating that "her son & fiance died in a drunk driving accident and she could not stand to look at his car as it brought on bad memories. She stated she wanted to sell through eBay motors and asked for name and address. Next day she says she is out of town on business and eBay motors will handle the sale.

Next day I get an invoice from eBay motors asking for the full price of the car to be put in a "Safe Pay" account and they will ship the car from Fl to Chicago free of charge to me. I have five days to inspect the car and return it if I don't like it. However the phone number on the invoice will not go through and I try to email the seller and eBay motors without any reply. Meanwhile we do a google search and find this scam posted which sounds just like what they were telling me. I have not given them any money and will not until I can see a car in front of me.

Here is the link for the scam warning that made me suspicious:

http://www.ebaymotorssucks.com/2011...rado-1500-pickup-low-miles-perfect-cond-6400/

DO NOT GET SUCKED INTO THIS SCAM YOURSELF.

That shipping seems about right to me, 2 heads from TN to CA were 53 a piece. FedEx was cheaper after looking up the prices. Those valve must be almost touching!

Actually I think what happened is the buyer didnt read the ad. Ebay does a "estimate" on shipping. Which is not always correct. His ad clearly states shipping may not be correct. Im guessing the buyer paid for it via Paypal at the caluclated shipping and didnt wait for an invoice to arrive.

yea your right i was ignorant live and learn any how i got the recipt and tracking number it is legitament package will be here thursday nxt time i will be sure i have all the info before hand thanks for the info and advise guys have a good one

If you think it was too long for shipping dont cheap out with parcel post. That can take a week or so to arrive.

there is a scam going on with eBay motors. I found an ad on Yahoo autos and got a message stating that "her son & fiance died in a drunk driving accident and she could not stand to look at his car as it brought on bad memories. She stated she wanted to sell through eBay motors and asked for name and address. Next day she says she is out of town on business and eBay motors will handle the sale.

Next day I get an invoice from eBay motors asking for the full price of the car to be put in a "Safe Pay" account and they will ship the car from Fl to Chicago free of charge to me. I have five days to inspect the car and return it if I don't like it. However the phone number on the invoice will not go through and I try to email the seller and eBay motors without any reply. Meanwhile we do a google search and find this scam posted which sounds just like what they were telling me. I have not given them any money and will not until I can see a car in front of me.

Here is the link for the scam warning that made me suspicious:

http://www.ebaymotorssucks.com/2011...rado-1500-pickup-low-miles-perfect-cond-6400/

DO NOT GET SUCKED INTO THIS SCAM YOURSELF.

.....Hey Karl.........that scam is run many times a year ..............kim...

yea its the auction i won but i think i jumped the gun and didnt look double check things so if i get it then ok i dont know guess i will see what happens the shipping is what got me i think 360 was the orginal shipping cost then he added 15 bucks to it said he allready mailed it but expexcts me to pay more without seein the recipt

It's costing 360 to ship those on top of the 325 you paid? If so, you got jacked on shipping. They going by air, UPS, fedex?

Should have shipped them USPS.

yea your right i was ignorant live and learn any how i got the recipt and tracking number it is legitament package will be here thursday nxt time i will be sure i have all the info before hand thanks for the info and advise guys have a good one

Hey mistakes happen. I have bought about 35 things off Ebay since November and never an issue until last night. I am so used to everybody taking Paypal that I didn't check to make sure. And sure enough they didn't but they did take payments by credit card so it was all good since I am in Iraq. Lesson learned, and it's one you and I will never forget.

It's costing 360 to ship those on top of the 325 you paid? If so, you got jacked on shipping. They going by air, UPS, fedex?

Should have shipped them USPS.
If he thinks he should receive them in a day then he could have never waited for USPS to deliver them. lol

well i just recieved the package everything appeared to be in order and actually the heads are in way better shape than i thought so im not worryed about it anymore ganna take them and my block to the shop tomarow starts putting it together

-
Back