Scariest movie You've Seen

-

Marlabuck

Reaction score
I saw a movie Friday night that has given me nightmares for 2 nights...Willow Creek...it is about a guy and his girlfriend that go to the Roger Patterson/Bob Gimlin site where the famous Bigfoot filming happened in 1967...the girl does not believe in Bigfoot but the boyfriend does and she agrees to go camping at the site...so it begins...what they encounter still leaves me shivering...naturally I watched this movie on a stormy night and my husband was out of town...eeekkk!...Marla
WillowCreek-1.jpg

The 2nd Texaschainsaw massacre. The one with Dennis Hopper. Not the remakes of the original.

I don't remember the title - it's been way too many years since.
But I do remember the circumstances and what happened after:
We'd just moved into our home about six months earlier. I was home alone because my wife had gone to some kind of 'girls party' at our neighbor's home across the street. It was a warm night and I had all of the windows and sliding glass doors open.
Our TV room back then was one of the spare bedrooms since we hadn't yet started a family. The room just had linoleum flooring with an area rug.
The lights were off and I was laying on my side on the floor watching this scary movie in the dark with my back to the bedroom door. Our Irish Setter must have gotten lonely because he came into the room - without me either seeing or hearing him - and laid his muzzle down on my arm right at a particularly scary part of the movie.
I jumped and spun around to see what "monster" had come into the room! It scared the dog so much that he spun around and headed out of the room except his paws couldn't get any traction on the linoleum no matter how fast he thought he was running.
I know it was a comical scene and we've laughed over the memory many times.
I just wish I could remember what movie it was!

Last edited:
The original Phantasm , as an 11 year old... That silver flying ball, still creeps me out.....

Jaws when I was 10, live beside a lake. Did not swim all of that summer.
And anything with Will Ferrall

I don't scare over movies, but for the time when they came out The Exorcist and the original Hellraiser.

A buddy and I went to The Exorcist on motorcycles when it first came out at a drive in theater and when it was over he wouldn't ride home by himself. :D

I refuse to watch anything I know is scary. I read the book the exorcist and some Steven King books that scare me as much as I allow unless I get surprised.
Too much good stuff to watch. Action/adventure fast cars, scantily clad hard bodied women, and **** blowing up---That's my scene!

I refuse to watch anything I know is scary. I read the book the exorcist and some Steven King books that scare me as much as I allow unless I get surprised.
Too much good stuff to watch. Action/adventure fast cars, scantily clad hard bodied women, and **** blowing up---That's my scene!
I like that.

Alien on a little acid and beer.

Think that was last time I experimented with mind altering drugs. No need for that after that movie.

the colony (the movie, not the series)
i slept with a loaded 12 gauge under my pillow for 2 weeks

I saw a movie Friday night that has given me nightmares for 2 nights...Willow Creek...it is about a guy and his girlfriend that go to the Roger Patterson/Bob Gimlin site where the famous Bigfoot filming happened in 1967...the girl does not believe in Bigfoot but the boyfriend does and she agrees to go camping at the site...so it begins...what they encounter still leaves me shivering...naturally I watched this movie on a stormy night and my husband was out of town...eeekkk!...MarlaView attachment 1715037520
is it filmed like a movie (without the camera shaking) or like the blair witch nonsense?
id watch it if the camera doesnt shake

4 Weddings and a Funeral... I still wake up screaming!!

i cant find the clip, but i remember Al Bundy saying "thats basically five of the same thing"

The Grudge and The Tingler.
the-tingler2.png

I remember as a little kid I saw it on TV, I got very scared and upset over the scene where The Tingler fell from the ceiling onto people sitting in the movie theater, and later I had nightmares. It was a fun movie to see again as an adult, still scary in parts but mostly very entertaining with Vincent Price playing a scientist studying fear.

Event Horizon..

Such a good movie. The slow relentless descent into madness is awesome. If you liked it. Check out Pandorum. Same kind theme. Also really well done.

I don't get "scared" watching movies. I always have that voice telling me it's just a movie. But I do find movies creepy. For me the creepiest is....

Pet Sematary.

That kid running around the house. The light clapping of his shoes. The childish laugh. Just all of it. Dead kids just are creepy period.

Such a good movie. The slow relentless descent into madness is awesome. If you liked it. Check out Pandorum. Same kind theme. Also really well done.

I don't get "scared" watching movies. I always have that voice telling me it's just a movie. But I do find movies creepy. For me the creepiest is....

Pet Sematary.

That kid running around the house. The light clapping of his shoes. The childish laugh. Just all of it. Dead kids just are creepy period.
"Sometimes dead is dead".

Halloween. For months after watching it, if my car was parked in a dark spot I would first check the rear seat before getting in.

-
Back