Scariest movie You've Seen

-
Sorry to throw a wrench into the works here but Saving Private Ryan bothered me most. The realistic portrayal here was extraordinary. Although Hollywood had its share. I like movies done realistically and it is a plus for me if historically accurate. In parts I can feel like I was there or should have been , and feel their pain.
Yote

I used to be a big fan of the horror genre but "Evil Dead II" ruined it for me.

Everything else seems silly now, but I can watch that one (which actually is silly) over and over.

"The Ring" wasn't too bad, in recent times. "Poltergeist" is pretty creepy for a big name studio piece.

Probably The Shining. Mama took me to see that movie when it came out in the summer of 1980. It was good.

I used to be a big fan of the horror genre but "Evil Dead II" ruined it for me.

Everything else seems silly now, but I can watch that one (which actually is silly) over and over.

"The Ring" wasn't too bad, in recent times. "Poltergeist" is pretty creepy for a big name studio piece.
Bruce Campbell rocks! You got to see Bubba Hotep.
My youngest daughter used to do that girl from the ring. Would freak me out.

The Shining - if the end didn't give you the chills, you missed the point of the movie.. awesome.
that was a good one...they dont build up suspension like that anymore

and also one of the most referred to movies of all time

The original Phantasm , as an 11 year old... That silver flying ball, still creeps me out.....
I grew up for a while in a small town in an old Victorian style house similar to the one in the movie and after I saw it I had to push my bed up against the wall to keep the little demons from reaching up from under the bed...
Halloween screwed me up too... Mom and Dad would take us to the movies and they were all horror movies. None of the new (last 20 yrs) stuff is any good, they just don't make em like they used to.

Last edited:
Watching the monitor as I was having a colonoscopy. Now that was some scary looking ****! No pun intended, well maybe a little.

Watching the monitor as I was having a colonoscopy. Now that was some scary looking ****! No pun intended, well maybe a little.
Did the same. That was some scary ****.
Its even scaryer when they go up your dick but that one I did not watch!

Carrie was quite disturbing

EXCELENT remake (and i dont say that often, most remake are P-huey)

which leads me to another rabits trails, the girl who played Carry in the remake, isnt she the little girl in "let me in" ?
now there was a "scary" movie i could watch with the Missus, it actually has a story

now, speaking of remakes, here's another one they NEVER should have touched because i know they will not be able to improve on it

EXCELENT remake (and i dont say that often, most remake are P-huey)

which leads me to another rabits trails, the girl who played Carry in the remake, isnt she the little girl in "let me in" ?
now there was a "scary" movie i could watch with the Missus, it actually has a story

now, speaking of remakes, here's another one they NEVER should have touched because i know they will not be able to improve on it

Tim Curry is a fantastic actor. And creepy as **** in IT. As well as when he was in criminal minds.

Someone mentioned silent hill. If you thought the movie was at all scary. Play the games. Turn the lights off. You get a radio that starts to cackle whenever "monsters" come near. You'll be walking along. It's all shadow and fog. You'll hear a dog bark in the distance. And then your radio crackles. But you don't see anything. The crackle slowly intensifies. You start running back the way you came. Can't see what it is coming, too much fog and shadow. The radio is howling now, crackling so loud it's the only thing you hear. And all you can do is run and say "NO **** PLEASE NO I JUST STARTED" Or you'll be running around as your character. Everything is fine. Then you hear that godawful air siren. All the walls start to melt, then turn to ash and fire and blow away. And you'll just say "nope". And call it a night. My buddy STILL refuses to play silent hill in the dark. And it's been 10+ years. They released a "teaser" silent hill game on PS4. It was disturbing to say the least. Incredibly creepy.

-
Back