Scat arp 2000 rod bolts

-
Scat buy their fasteners from ARP.

This is what it says in my ARP catalog about how to tighten their rod bolts, p.14:
'The....proper preload can be attained in a con rod by applying proper tq using a tq wrennch or by measuring the amount of stretch in the bolt using a stretch gauge.....The tq method is sometimes inaccurate because of the uncertainty of the coefficient in friction between the bolt & the rod. This inaccuracy can be minimized by using lubricant supplied by ARP'.

I read from that that ARP believes the stretch method is more accurate.

Scat buy their fasteners from ARP.

This is what it says in my ARP catalog about how to tighten their rod bolts, p.14:
'The....proper preload can be attained in a con rod by applying proper tq using a tq wrennch or by measuring the amount of stretch in the bolt using a stretch gauge.....The tq method is sometimes inaccurate because of the uncertainty of the coefficient in friction between the bolt & the rod. This inaccuracy can be minimized by using lubricant supplied by ARP'.

I read from that that ARP believes the stretch method is more accurate.

Unless you use their lube, which I don’t care for. Peanut butter is what most guys use rather than that dirty ARP lube.

So they didn’t say stretch was more accurate.

No but they didn't say stretch only was more accurate, but they implied that. And if you do not use their specially formulated lube that they have tested for tq values, how do you what tq value to use with 'peanut butter'?

No but they didn't say stretch only was more accurate, but they implied that. And if you do not use their specially formulated lube that they have tested for tq values, how do you what tq value to use with 'peanut butter'?

You use the same torque as you normally would. Never heard of peanut butter?

Only the stuff you eat.

I’d tell you the EXACT name for it, but for the life of me I can’t think of it. PB is slang for it.

And now…I can’t remember if it is a Cat spec’d product or Cummins. It’s one of the two. In fact I watched a Steve Morris video last night (the video where he assembles his engine that shat 8 rods all at once) and he was using PB on his fasteners.

-
Back