Scat H-Beam - Bolt upgrade

-

dart73br

Reaction score
Hello guys,

have any of you done a bolt upgrade on small block Scat H-Beam 8740 to Arp 2000 or L19?
Remember any specs or part number?

Thanks and BR,

They will likely need resizing because of the higher tq values used with the upgraded bolt.

I wouldn’t reinstall the rods without having the sizing/roundness at least checked after swapping the bolts.

surprised they didn't come with the ARP bolts , my molnar rods came with the ARP 2000 bolts , thought it would be standard with h beam rods

Last edited:
He’s looking at “upgraded” ARP bolts.

The std ARP bolts are 8740 material.
The ARP 2000 or L19 bolts use higher tq/stretch values..... which “usually” distort the big end of the rods, because there is different loading with the new bolts.
I have seen some rods get pulled OOR by .002” when changing to the upgraded bolts.
The only way to know if it happens on your rods after the upgrade..... is to check it.

When you buy the rods with the upgraded bolts installed, it’s not an issue, because the rod was finish machined with the higher tq values used with those bolts right from the start.

Do the ARP 8740 bolts break?......if no ...then why the upgrade?

I upgrade the bolts on every “China Rod” I order. When ordering them new with the upgraded bolts they are sized with those bolts. The upgrade cost very little.

As I see in most of manufacturers: 8740 700hp, 2000 1100hp, L19 1400hp. This information changes from vendor to vendor but also some says 8740 just can rev up to 7000rpm and 2000/L19 to 8000rpm. But, I´m just trying to be cautious as I´ll run boost.

As I see in most of manufacturers: 8740 700hp, 2000 1100hp, L19 1400hp. This information changes from vendor to vendor but also some says 8740 just can rev up to 7000rpm and 2000/L19 to 8000rpm. But, I´m just trying to be cautious as I´ll run boost.
Those HP ratings are meaningless IMHO

-
Back