Scatter shield vs bellhousing

-
Yea! No chit there a bit pricey. Cheaper than loosing a foot though.

You can still find some ratty old Lakewood stuff out there. Unless it’s damaged, you can send it in for a new SFI sticker and have a window put in it for $450 plus shipping.

You’ll still have the cost of a new can in it, but it will have the window.

I have a cast flywheel and regular bell on my truck. Truck probably makes 450 and sees 6600 rpm, not really worried about it. I figure 99% of the explosions are happening on cars with much more horsepower on much harsher conditions.

I like to joyride my truck for sure, but I don't think that's the equivalent of what the explosions are the result of.

I have a cast flywheel and regular bell on my truck. Truck probably makes 450 and sees 6600 rpm, not really worried about it. I figure 99% of the explosions are happening on cars with much more horsepower on much harsher conditions.

I like to joyride my truck for sure, but I don't think that's the equivalent of what the explosions are the result of.

You may have one of the higher winding engines on this forum. Isn’t the peak RPM the biggest contributor to flywheel disintegration?

You may have one of the higher winding engines on this forum. Isn’t the peak RPM the biggest contributor to flywheel disintegration?
Yes sir that’s correct. The high rpm will expose any weakness brought on by the high shock loads of the manual trans. At his listed 6600, I wouldn’t worry about it coming loose but I’d run a scatter shield.

You can still find some ratty old Lakewood stuff out there. Unless it’s damaged, you can send it in for a new SFI sticker and have a window put in it for $450 plus shipping.

You’ll still have the cost of a new can in it, but it will have the window.
A couple of stupid questions. What is a window in a scatter shield and use? Who does this work and re certifying?

It's a removable "trap door" underneath the housing. Very handy for inspecting and adjusting the clutch. Lakewood recerts their own bellhousings (as noted, not cheap).

-
Back