Scca/road Racing

-

MoParMetal

MoPar
Reaction score
who here does it? if you do post em up! (your cars that is) i want to set up my wife's duster for road racing.

who here does it? if you do post em up! (your cars that is) i want to set up my wife's duster for road racing.

Do you want to set it up for SCCA Autocross. There is a very good club down there and they run at a big course setup at the football stadium parking lot.

Or do you want to go out on track days which groups get together and run. Usually during the week, but there are weekend event too.

I would really suggest going to one of those events. Even better going to an event with some other mopars. Spring Fling Speed Festival at Willow Spring Raceway in Rosamond, CA has 40+ Mopars. Only mopar only track day of it's size in the country. It's Thrusday May 1, 2008

Bob Tarozzi, who was the Chrysler engineer with heavy and key 1970 Trans-Am involvement and development, has confirmed he will be coming to SFSF 2008. He will help with tech in the am, hold a Q&A session at some point during the day, and says he will be available for questions regarding chassis set up also.

Bob Tarozzi was also one of the head engineers of the #1 68 Super Stock prototype Barracuda. Many of the engineering Super Stock engineering drawings are his.

THURSDAY MAY 1, 2008
Spring Fling Speed Festival
-2nd annual Mopar track event at Willow Springs Raceway
-40+ Mopars on the track last year
-Blueberry Pancake breakfast
-Drivers mtg 7am
-Free cruise laps 12pm for all spectators
-Awards Pres. 5pm
-Dinner 6:00 pm

Pics from last year: http://alltimeracing.com/v2/component/option,com_events/task,view_detail/agid,15/year,2008/month,05/day,01/Itemid,29/

RT_LX_Blue_Fastback.jpg

SFSF07SWall19a.JPG
SFSF07SWall20a.JPG
SFSF07SWall23a.JPG
SFSF07SWall39a.JPG
SFSF07SWall43a.JPG

I've been thinking about it with my Duster. As an East Coast guy you can tell me all your secrets (ha ha) and we'll never race against each other.

Count me in boys. I'm leaning towards a trans/am setup for my 75 dart. keep the info coming.......

I've ran SCCA autox on and off over the past few years with a Subaru. I plan on doing springs, swaybars and stuff to run our '63 Valiant at a few local events. There's a local guy who runs a Corvair that's awesome to watch, he's usually the only "old car" there....so having the Valiant there will be fun too.

Here's a video

He usually either gets FTD or breaks it.

WOW!

i love the interior on that cuda.
i guess thats how im doing the beetona, but probably with 4 racing seats.
so my wife can ride along, maybe a little bit streetable so i can take some friends along for a ride

THANKS!!!

I used to get out there in my GLHS but my A body is a big block car so it corners like a bus.

man that looks like alot of fun in an old car, show those newer cars how its done :-D id like to take my barracuda to some of the local autox here eventually.

I was parked next to a 69 Bara recently, and he had all the usual parts, plus sub-frame connectors, plus '02 Mustang 17'wheels with Michelins,.He had just got it on the road, but it looked like a pretty mean lapping day car. Real road racing would mean something completely different.

-
Back