Schneider cams

-

dcassellia

Reaction score
Hi all I would like to know if anyone has used and like Schneider cams and lifters. I'm thinking about

284RH B/RB Chrysler Hydraulic Roller Lifter Camshaft and Hi-Endurance Retrofit Hyd Roller Lifters​

they say they are made in the USA any feed back would be appreciated

I have not but I like the way this place thinks.
Subscribed!

I stabbed one in my 512. Nothing radical, but they were the only place that had any cam blanks at the time I was hunting camshafts.
I am just in process of first fire up today.

Great there about 3 weeks til they get blanks but seems to have a good rep for there lifters too
let me know how the break in goes and what cam do you have

I know a guy named "Schneider..." he's a real PITA lives in fantasy land...

Last edited:
Freiburger used a Sch hyd roller in the General Mayhem 440. Remember it being a 244 at .050. With OOTB 440 Source heads made 535 hp. Don't remember the torque but it had a nice curve.

Tried out a custom solid (small block) from Schneider a few years ago. Talked to Kevin there, quite knowledgeable on Mopars, old school in a good way, real gear head, and the cam I received was on a CWC core, looked nicely finished and the specs were spot on. Great fast service at the time. Was a nasty beast on the street, Was just a touch bigger than what I should have went with in my case. Was more a true race cam vs me trying to use it on street as well with my setup. I would choose them again as an initial source, along with Isky and Howard’s.

2 more great cam grinders worth big respect and checking into.

what are the specs also what gears and stall convertor you running
20230627_081938.jpg

512 cu
Trickflow 240
Trickflow intake

4.10 gears
Tr6060 trans 6th being 0.5 overdrive

What would worry about the smaller cam companies is their equipment. Large companies like Comp have CNC machines that are super accurate. I have had many custom grinds from Comp & the accuracy is always spot on. I doubt smaller companies could afford these CNC grinders.

What would worry about the smaller cam companies is their equipment. Large companies like Comp have CNC machines that are super accurate. I have had many custom grinds from Comp & the accuracy is always spot on. I doubt smaller companies could afford these CNC grinders.
The problem with large companies. Garbage in garbage out.
Meaning if programming is off, crap comes out.

They might have the best equipment but it isn't stopping them from winning at failures daily

And yet Comp is getting thrashed across every Facebook and car forum across every manufacturer for the last 18 to 24 months. Their cams have been wiping bad, their lifters have had lots of reported failures.

Schneider Cams is one of the best in the country. We used them a lot back when I was building dirt track engines.

My last 2 comps broke in nice and easy, zero issues.
Both cams have been purchase less of than 2 years ago.

-
Back