Schumacher motor mounts

-

djsling

Reaction score
Anyone use the 63-66 v-8 Schumacher motor mount kits? How are they? For $144 gor brackets, insulators and hardware it's cheaper than buying used brackets I have found then gathering all the other components

They're a high-quality product and work well. They do place the engine close to the firewall, so the distributor on a small block almost hits the firewall, and there's no way you're going to be able to keep the heater box. Other FABO guys have fabbed up their own mounts, placing the engine farther forward, and kept the heater box:

Engine swap 62 Valiant

I was also wondering how the Slant 6 to V8 conversion motor mounts worked on 67+ A bodies.
Do TTI and Doug's headed work with them?

They're a high-quality product and work well. They do place the engine close to the firewall, so the distributor on a small block almost hits the firewall, and there's no way you're going to be able to keep the heater box. Other FABO guys have fabbed up their own mounts, placing the engine farther forward, and kept the heater box:

Engine swap 62 Valiant
They aren't just a repop of the original? 63-66 had one k member so not a conversion just v-8 brackets

I have a set of the slant 6 to la! They are great. Best quality and best customer service. I messed up on my order and called to try and fix it. And Mike himself answered the phone and fixed it immediately he was super nice and understanding. Truly amazing company! Cant say enough good things about them.

I have a set of the slant 6 to la! They are great. Best quality and best customer service. I messed up on my order and called to try and fix it. And Mike himself answered the phone and fixed it immediately he was super nice and understanding. Truly amazing company! Cant say enough good things about them.
So 63-66 you did? Did you have an firewall clearance issue as Bill mentioned? I don't understand how that could happen as same trans mount

So 63-66 you did? Did you have an firewall clearance issue as Bill mentioned? I don't understand how that could happen as same trans mount

i've done an early a 6-8 swap.. on my 64 valiant there was no issue with he heater box. think its the 63 that you will have issues with.

the 63-66 schumacher mounts are just ropops of the originals.. like stated they used the same k-frame for a slant and 273. easy swap..

schmacher is a real nice quality product...

I was also wondering how the Slant 6 to V8 conversion motor mounts worked on 67+ A bodies.
Do TTI and Doug's headed work with them?

the schumachers are very nice.. i went cheaper when i dod the slant to 360 swap in our dart and used the trans dapt ones.. never again.. i will always use the schumacher mounts from here on out.. much nicer pieces...

Yep, can confirm that the Schumacher engine mounts are indeed a quality product, got them on my 63 dart. Needed the usual firewall/wiper motor relocation mod for significant distributor clearance and a V8 steering centre link.
Dougs headers, another quality but oh so expensive item, over $1000 shipped to me in the UK but worth every cent. PITA to fit though!

Anyone use the 63-66 v-8 Schumacher motor mount kits? How are they? For $144 gor brackets, insulators and hardware it's cheaper than buying used brackets I have found then gathering all the other components
I have them on my D/Dart. It has a 360 crate engine in it. Getting ready to reinstall the 4-speed linkage and Doug's headers. I'm up in Port St Lucie off of Becker Rd. PM me if you want to stop by. The car is up on a Backyard Buddy in my garage. Makes things a little easier to work on.

I have a set NIB to 273- 340-360 Sold car before I put 340 in- My price $110 plu shipping- live in MD

Ad is on Balt Craigslist with picts

I'm running them in my 64 Valiant with....mine are taller than stock V8's and they use later rubber mounts........ reminds of the 70 truck rubber mounts.

-
Back