Schumacher Torque Strap

-

1969GTS

Reaction score
Has anyone bolted one of these up? I cant tell by the pic's on there web site but it looks like it bolts to the top ears on the block. I've fabricated my own in the past but I like the rubber bushing idea as breaking ears off blocks is no fun and I don't think you can repair it. I don't want that too happen and this looks like an easy bolt on.

TQA.jpg

I bolted one on in my E body Cuda. It was a trick to fit in at first, Nice product. I'd recomend it if you don't get there blow out proof motormounts that have the interlockin metal brackets within the rubber biscuit.

A bit off topic here, but I notice in 340sFastback's picture there is a jagged looking hole near the engine mount area on the driver's side.

My Demon x-member looks like that also and I thought someone had hacked it up. Did they come from the factory like this?

The jagged hole is probably a bend relief. It is essentially a cutout or notch that allows the metal to be bent without the separate sides overlapping one another.

A bit off topic here, but I notice in 340sFastback's picture there is a jagged looking hole near the engine mount area on the driver's side.

My Demon x-member looks like that also and I thought someone had hacked it up. Did they come from the factory like this?

They came that way.

I had an area on my K that looked like it had been welded by a drunk - actually burned through. Probably made on a Monday or a Friday.

Oh, and that's how my Schumacher torque strap mounts on my '70 too. I've got their Magnum mounts but the strap saved me once after the mount loosened.

The one on my Dart looks that way too. Just the way they were made.

The jagged hole is probably a bend relief. It is essentially a cutout or notch that allows the metal to be bent without the separate sides overlapping one another.

They came that way.

I had an area on my K that looked like it had been welded by a drunk - actually burned through. Probably made on a Monday or a Friday.

Oh, and that's how my Schumacher torque strap mounts on my '70 too. I've got their Magnum mounts but the strap saved me once after the mount loosened.

The one on my Dart looks that way too. Just the way they were made.

Wow.....great info thanks.......8) Learn something new every single day here. :happy8:

Micheal Schumacher hasn't ever put out junk- he is a nice guy,too. None of the old time Mopar guys around here have a bad word for him and they've known him for years (I met him about 12-13 years ago).

Put one on my A body some 5 years ago and never a problem. Looks good too.

I gotta throw in the poor racers recipe on this.... :yawinkle:

You can buy eyelet (or whatever theyre called) type ends and a steel sleeve at the hardware store / home depot.

I welded a plate to the K member and bolted mine in. From the plate to the front of the block . If you wanted you could add bushings to it.

total cost - around $10 . :thumbrig:

I gotta throw in the poor racers recipe on this.... :yawinkle:

You can buy eyelet (or whatever theyre called) type ends and a steel sleeve at the hardware store / home depot.

I welded a plate to the K member and bolted mine in. From the plate to the front of the block . If you wanted you could add bushings to it.

total cost - around $10 . :thumbrig:

I'm looking at doing that as I want to go to the head instead of the motor mount.

With a 4 spd. I think some kind of restraint is required. I went with a Schumacher mount too. I found it on e-Bay $50 shipped to my door.

A piece of chain or a turnbuckle and eyelets would work too, but it's a matter of what your looking for as far as form or function.

I chose form with function....
Barracuda442-vi.jpg

DSC00003-vi.jpg

When your in this deep, you don't want hardware store pieces rattling around... :-D

-
Back