Science Channel's "Factory Made"

-

BrianT

Here we go again...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was just watching a new show that I've been wanting to see. At the beginning they announced that they would be showing how "car wheels" are made. They showed a shot of the Centerline wheels that I plan on getting for my Dart.

cll-7215401545_w.jpg

It was really cool. They showed how the large aluminum billet was heated and cut. Then they showed it being pressed into the basic wheel shape and being spun into the final shape. Then they showed it being finished on a CNC machine and polished.

Pretty cool watching how your new wheels are built!!

I was just watching a new show that I've been wanting to see. At the beginning they announced that they would be showing how "car wheels" are made. They showed a shot of the Centerline wheels that I plan on getting for my Dart.

cll-7215401545_w.jpg

It was really cool. They showed how the large aluminum billet was heated and cut. Then they showed it being pressed into the basic wheel shape and being spun into the final shape. Then they showed it being finished on a CNC machine and polished.

Pretty cool watching how your new wheels are built!!

Nice wheel!

Centerline makes some nice wheels - right here in the USA. And you can buy them online direct from Centerline. Check their website as they sometimes have some really good deals.
Here's the design I finally settled on for my '69 Dart. Nice and light.

CenterlineNomadsmall.jpg

Centerline makes some nice wheels - right here in the USA. And you can buy them online direct from Centerline. Check their website as they sometimes have some really good deals.

I agree. What I don't understand is how I can buy them from Summit cheaper than directly from Centerline. They are $10 per wheel more, and that is before you subtract out the 10% discount that Summit has now. It works out to be $207 at Centerline, $177 from Summit (discount taken).

I'll let you guess where I'm going to spend my money!!

I absolutely ADORE either of those wheels on Barracuda's.... ADORE them.

Those are only large bolt pattern, right?

-
Back