Score of the day!

-
I hate spiders and it looks like there was quite a colony in that cab..... but what would be cool is if you could get it fired back up and go back and haul the other truck away with it!!

There were so many, like I'm not even kidding, probably 500+ of these little bastards crawling all over the tow deck! At first they looked like brown recluses, but I'm not too sure.

Ya, the more I look at it, the more I want to save it. At least get it running and driving, and bomb around town in it covered in moss.
And no slave cylinder.. All linkage.

No slave, interesting.

It does need to be saved though, it's a cool truck. Trade ya a 440 for it :D

VERY NICE SCORE INDEED :cheers: Congratulations Mike, those things are rare :tongue9:
and I hope it gets saved and put back to it's tuff beauty :)

What is recommended for the stuck clutch pedal? Just open the inspection cover and try prying the clutch apart? And lube up all the linkage?

Well, no title. Turns out the truck sat in the same spot for at least 15 - 20 years. I'll look into sending the VIN in and getting a new one.

I'm going back Friday to tow out a 51 International 1 ton.

Too bad about the papers, they can be a real bear to get :banghead:

Great score Mike.
You sure find lots of cool stuff, working at a salvage yard helps.
That's how i found a lot of my junk too.

Someone has a thread about seeing Sasquatch.
I think you found it.
I loved the location the cool truck was in.
Looked like Fern Gully or something.

my '75 W300 ClubCab Wrecker/Towtruck had an issue with the Clutch pedal when I hauled it home too.

The Brake & Clutch had rusted together under the dash and were real stiff. Push the clutch or brake and the other pedal traveled with it :eek:ops: :D

Of course the rear brakes were hanging up and and the front brakes were dragging (it had been parked for 20 years) So I couldn't just drift it down off the rollback. I threw in a Points Distributor (since the stock dist was pretty fugly looking and the ignition box had been stolen) and it fired up with 20+ year old gas in the tank.

Did some really F'ed up pedal manuevering, anybody ever tried to drive a 4-Speed while using one foot to push the clutch pedal and the other foot to pull the brake pedal up? And then switch it around and use one foot to pull the clutch up while the other is on the gas. :wack: I did manage to get it off the rollback and into the garage under its own power like that.

Then when I got it in the garage, the lights showed me all the lovely goodies in the truck... When I say goodies I mean a nice big old snake skin wrapped around the E-Brake Release, another wrapped around brake pedal, several hanging from under the dash. I bailed out of the truck just in time to find one of those SOBs slither out from under the seat! Copperhead at that!

-
Back