score ! roller cam 360 LA

-

jazak5

Reaction score
price ? sweat and 100 miles of gas!

of course tear down will dictate build level..mild street 6000rpm just want to fry 8 inch slicks with ease

need a cam for a 3000 stall torque converter / I currently like the one I have

any help/info/advice welcome
good or bad:thumbsup::poke::BangHead::soapbox:

IMG_20220614_194505646.jpg

Last edited:
don't know yet will pull a valve cover tomorrow/// truck engine//high mount alternator
The casting number is only visible when you remove the head. It's above the 2 exhaust ports. If there's no manifold on it just stick your finger in an end port and if it has a real long shortside floor it's probably a 308.

The casting number is only visible when you remove the head. It's above the 2 exhaust ports.
ok wasnt looking to get that far but it will have to be done any way:lol:

cyl 3/5 ?

I’ve never seen a hydraulic roller LA 360 that didn’t have 308 heads and a windage tray. Is this going in the 1969 barracuda in your photo garage? I can say to send your stock hydraulic roller cam to Ken at Oregon. Which grind to put on it will depend on tire height, gear, and converter. I would go with the highest lift grind and narrowest LSA that the cam core will allow. I like their versions of the 270 hydraulic roller grind with a solid 9.5 to 10:1 compression build.

My favorite blocks. Check your 308 heads well over, they like to crack right between the valve seats. Otherwise a great mill to start with outside of going with aluminum heads. Do not get rid of the stock cam. Roller cores are becoming hens teeth lately and I’m not sure if things are getting better. Best bet is to have it reground as others mentioned. The one that I’m looking at building hopefully soon with parts on hand.
91’ roller
hcp116 .030 over pistons
Scat I beams
Heads I have a few options on hand
- 308’s bowls cleaned up gasket matched 1.88 valves
-SM CNC ported 2.02 valves (might save for stroker build)
-915 J heads 1.88 valves bowls cleaned up gasket matched
Stock crank
Cam will be whatever Oregon cams can get out of regrinding my stock cam
Edelbrock Airgap intake
Doug’s ceramic coated headers
3k stall 727 or 2500k stall with 904 (probably go with the 904)

-
Back