Scored 67 valiant

-

MHEAD

Reaction score
Stumbled across this and brought it home last night.It's been in a barn for the last ten years is all I know about it.Someone made it road worthy recently with new brake lines,battery,power steering hose and fuel filter.I don't even know if it's a 225 or 170 slant.Car is really been untouched with all the factory stuff intact.
These cars are still out there and I wasn't looking.

20221010_174835.jpg

20221010_174455.jpg

Stumbled across this and brought it home last night.It's been in a barn for the last ten years is all I know about it.Someone made it road worthy recently with new brake lines,battery,power steering hose and fuel filter.I don't even know if it's a 225 or 170 slant.Car is really been untouched with all the factory stuff intact.
These cars are still out there and I wasn't looking.

View attachment 1715996868

View attachment 1715996869
That's probably a 170 ci.in. in 1967. Three on the tree with 3.23 rear gears more than likely. 7 1/4 rear end.

Nice looking 50 year old car.

Look at the bypass hose in the front that installs between the water pump and cylinder head. If the hose is only about 1" long or so, it's a 170, if it's about 4" long, it's a 225.....or possibly a 198 that's been swapped in. Also, behind and under the alternator, there's a "shelf" of the block that sticks out that has stamped numbers in it. That will have the engine size. Something like "R225 *** or some such. You'll have to scrape it clean to see them, I am sure. Easy to find, just follow the cylinder head down until you find the joint where the head gasket is. The shelf will be sticking out.

Well my son wants to go 9's but I'm thinking of driving it the way it is.
I've driven some cars that ran 9s and owned some in the 11s. I have to say it with 100% honesty that the 64 Valiant I have now with a 225 is THE MOST FUN out of any car I've ever owned. I never would have believed it, but it's true.

Too many have been butchered into 9 second cars. That one is perfect as is to use. Find a basket case to cage if you want something to run nines in. And if you get tired of it like it is and want rid of it, PM me... :lol:

Great little car, and a two door as well. I had a '67 back in the '70's and up till about '80 or so, but mine was a 4 door grocery getter. Well, I did drive it to work every day for several years too. Damn good little car, mine was a Super 225 that ran perfect and never gave me any trouble. 20 below zero and that thing would start almost instantly when you hit the key every time.

Colby's 1967 Plymouth Valiant #2.jpg

Rusty’s valiant isn’t your typical slant powered driver either, lol! It’s got enough to run pretty good and is tuned to a razors edge. The kind of ride that puts a smile on your face “just because”.

Look at the bypass hose in the front that installs between the water pump and cylinder head. If the hose is only about 1" long or so, it's a 170, if it's about 4" long, it's a 225.....or possibly a 198 that's been swapped in. Also, behind and under the alternator, there's a "shelf" of the block that sticks out that has stamped numbers in it. That will have the engine size. Something like "R225 *** or some such. You'll have to scrape it clean to see them, I am sure. Easy to find, just follow the cylinder head down until you find the joint where the head gasket is. The shelf will be sticking out.
Looks like the hose length is 3".Thanks for the info.

I've driven some cars that ran 9s and owned some in the 11s. I have to say it with 100% honesty that the 64 Valiant I have now with a 225 is THE MOST FUN out of any car I've ever owned. I never would have believed it, but it's true.
You must be getting old, lol

Update
Having a ball driving this thing around.I haven't had anything this untouched and everything in working condition.It has some rust but nothing that i can't fix.I tagged it two days after I brought it home and drove it to work the next day.Brings me back to my high school days driving a 318 demon that I still have..
So looks like it has a reman engine from someone but don't know who as I found a id plate on the block.The machined surface by the coil id numbers are gone so with the info here given it must have been decked.
Adjusted the valves today because they was so noisy and they must have been double what they should have been.Way better now.
I can't believe how good it takes a turn.It has front and rear sway bars.All the abodes I've had was not great in the corners.
This slant is fun for sure but I have quite a few extra 318's and 360's that has me thinking.
20221023_150628.jpg

Update
Having a ball driving this thing around.I haven't had anything this untouched and everything in working condition.It has some rust but nothing that i can't fix.I tagged it two days after I brought it home and drove it to work the next day.Brings me back to my high school days driving a 318 demon that I still have..
So looks like it has a reman engine from someone but don't know who as I found a id plate on the block.The machined surface by the coil id numbers are gone so with the info here given it must have been decked.
Adjusted the valves today because they was so noisy and they must have been double what they should have been.Way better now.
I can't believe how good it takes a turn.It has front and rear sway bars.All the abodes I've had was not great in the corners.
This slant is fun for sure but I have quite a few extra 318's and 360's that has me thinking.
View attachment 1716001924
:popcorn:

There's an oil change sticker from 2013 that I believe to be correct.I think there also the one's that changed the brake lines and such.
Someone's fingers must fan found the fan!
Took the wife to dinner in it last night.While having dinner she said what is the singer's name from kix?Of course I spat out Steve Whiteman as he's sitting right behind me.Pretty cool evening.

-
Back