Scored a 1969 Barracuda Fastback today !!

-
Worked all day Friday and Sat taking off the whole front clip , seats , doors , motor and trans , exhaust , windsheid front/rear ( it was just duct taped in place ), and all the boxes inside the car with components . The guy was supposed to cut the wall Sat night but he could not get the saw started ( gas , like a chain saw) , so I spent 30 min working on that and got it fixed . The wall is 12" thick and he will have to cut from both sides and still use a sledge . Very frustrated and worn out working in a confined space with no ventilation and it was humid both days . I kept telling myself , don't give up just keep going .

I did find out some more info on the car though , the motor is a matching # 318 . I was wrong about the Dana 60 though ( hugh bummer !!!! ) , when I first looked at it it was dark and hard to see clearly . Now that I have it on jackstands I am still not certain what it is but for sure it is not a Suregrip . It is a 3.21 gear . The car is also missing alot of interior pcs but I may have a line on some of those .

One other piece of good news is the guy has a forklift and I have some extended forks at my shop , so I think I have a good plan of attack to get it out the door sideways . He thinks he will be ready by Thursday , but we will see .

damraider, have someone take a video of you guys extracting this car out on its side, sure this is something everyone on here would be interested to see, not everyday you have a car be relocated in this fashion.

. I was wrong about the Dana 60 though ( hugh bummer !!!! ) , when I first looked at it it was dark and hard to see clearly . Now that I have it on jackstands I am still not certain what it is but for sure it is not a Suregrip . It is a 3.21 gear .
Sounds like it's probably a 9.25" ( Chrysler-built ) diff , or possibly -- most-likely -- 8.25" diff .

Nothing wrong with either diff ; 9.25" is good for a super torque-y motor ( big block ) , and the 8.25" is perfect for a warm small block motor .

Lighter-weight , and less-expensive to build / fix .:-D

damraider, have someone take a video of you guys extracting this car out on its side, sure this is something everyone on here would be interested to see, not everyday you have a car be relocated in this fashion.
x5!!

i was a sceptic about the dana once i saw the pic. tuff to turn down a barracuda though

GOT IT OUT BABY !!!!!!! Wow , 8 more hours of work but I have it on the trailer at home and we didn't even put a scratch on it !!!! Pics and some video to follow but I am still worn out this morning .

I made a stand that bolted to the rear axle lugs to keep the body off the ground .
barracuda057.jpg

barracuda067.jpg

We then tipped ot up and put a strap on one side and a chain to the other in back and in the front we used a cherry picker .
barracuda066.jpg

barracuda065.jpg

barracuda064.jpg

barracuda063.jpg

barracuda062.jpg

barracuda061.jpg

barracuda060.jpg

barracuda059.jpg

barracuda058.jpg

barracuda055.jpg

barracuda056.jpg

barracuda053.jpg

barracuda054.jpg

barracuda051.jpg

barracuda049.jpg

barracuda050.jpg

Thats crazy! I'm not sure if I would have done that much work if the car was free with the way sale prices are right now.

Makes for a good story though.

wow im speechless. Great work it was definitely worth it. More pics of this bad boy!!!

Thanks guys !! There were 5-6 real challenges , but we went slow and thought about every move . I can't beleive that it was just me and the other guy that did it , but what a sweet feeling putting the rear wheel back on and lowering the jack one final time , pure joy I'll tell you that . I am going back today to get my buddy's crane pc and the engine and doors, fenders and all the other BS . I will get some more pics and he took a couple of short videos I will post also .

Steve

oh wow!! Steve that is crazy!!! How the heck??? haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! very cool!!!

For the love of Mopars...........

Unbelievable what you've gone thru to rescue this one. 8)8)

Here is a pic of putting the wheel back on and lowering the jack just before putting it on the trailer last night .
barracuda068.jpg

-
Back