Scored a 1969 Barracuda Fastback today !!

-

damraider

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Checking CL like normal and up pops this Barracuda , the pics look like a crowded garage , can barely see the car . I call the guy and he does not even know if the car has a motor . I drop what I'm doing and take the 45 min cruise over to see it . The owner has passed and his wife has this handyman put up the listing , not a car guy at all . The car is in a basement of sorts and the wife has had the handyman build a wall in front of the rollup door ( DOH !!) , and pile about 10,000 boxes in front of the car . He will have to take the wall down to get the car out , I know , how freaking wierd ....

The car is in real nice shape but alot of it is apart but seems to be all there . We get the hood open and there is a V-8 with Edelbrock four barrel carb and Edelbrock aluminum intake and Hooker headers and big spark plug wires with an electronic ignition . The battery actually turned it over and the oil looked good ,but I did not start it yet . I look at the rearend and almost fallover ..... a Dana 60 !! Holy **** Batman !! I am hoping it is a 340 engine but of course it could be the 318 . Console car with auto and bucket seats . White over green with two stipes . Drum brakes in front but had the BBP disk set-up waiting in the trunk . I bought it but it is going to take a while to get it out of there LOL !!! Hopefully will have some pics this weekend .

Steve

How much did you pay for it? Sounds like an awesome score. I'm jealous.

Yeah totally jealous. Great for you ha ha. I payed 2,200 for my 65 dart gt 273 2 bbl. I wish I could get a find like that. One day :D

oh my gf is jealous too. Ever since I got my dart, all she has been talking about is how she wants a mopar, especially a cuda. Grats to you!

I have a gas cap,just need the Cuda to put it on now.Are you keeping the car?or selling it?Keep me in mind please.

Steve, I hate you right now..... but a gas cap might help me feel better. :-D Congrats on the amazing score!

Congrats on your score. No hate or jelousy from me. Those reserved for the guy that scores a yeloow 69 modtop notch. Waiting for pics.

Let's see some pics! Sounds like a nice find. Go get that thing home!

Isnt this just great, Im trying to sell my 69 fastback and you go and post this.......f'n great!! I wont be able to give my car away now......j/k Nice find! Lets see some pics of the handymans work with the wall LOL

Let us know how long you're going to be in jail for STEALING that 'cuda. Nice score!!!
Gotta have pics ASAP.

-
Back