SCORED me some dart parts today!!

-

66Dvert

Working on my custom car parts again!
Reaction score
While I was(am) on vacation in Michigan to see my kids and go to the downriver cruise after I finish up my buddies car. I decided to hit one of my regular (when I lived up here)salvage yards that still let you walk through and get stuff. in the very first row of mopars I saw a 66 dart. I did a double take on that since you NEVER see older cars in this yard. needless to say I scarfed up some nice parts that I need to finish up mine and start on the wife's dart

I got a driverside fresh air box and the door still works!
a passengers side door (for the heater) it was just laying there already brok off so I grabbed it for mine.

some decent kick panels and insulation

a super nice dash, speedo with switches, radio delete GT style and glovebox. missing the end piece past the glove box (I've been looking for one of those radio delete plates for a while.)
the inside underdash wiring harness. darn thing still had the plastic piece over the fusebox wiring to protect it. I have not seen one of those since I
got off the factory assembly line!

I remembered some one on here wanted the bench seat plastic side covers and grabbed them just in case someone needs them.

A HOOD with trim and the DODGE letters (D's got a broke pin but will work) for the wife's dart. since a tree decided to come down on the garage where I had her car stored and trashed her hood and grill.

a fuel filler tube and the rubber piece that goes into the trunk.
some body plugs, finally found those darn square plugs that go over the frame rail section in the trunk.

A good glovebox liner. NOT the fold up crap they make as replacements.

An ash tray and screws. nice one too! not all rusted

all in all a good day for me. even though I forgot to look for the part I originally came in to look for :banghead:
and at a good price too! :cheers: now I have to go back and get the darn part I forgot!

View attachment WP_20130626_001.jpg

View attachment WP_20130626_002.jpg

View attachment WP_20130626_003.jpg

View attachment WP_20130626_004.jpg

View attachment WP_20130626_005.jpg

View attachment WP_20130626_006.jpg

View attachment WP_20130626_009.jpg

View attachment WP_20130626_011.jpg

View attachment WP_20130626_013.jpg

View attachment WP_20130626_014.jpg

Where in Michigan is the yard ?
it's taylor auto salvage. in Taylor
In between Pennsylvania and Eureka road right off of telegraph. I couldn't believe it had a dart in there. usually they don't have anything older than 1990 so it was a surprise to see it in there. I usually come up and hit my old haunts when I'm on vacation up here, because there's not too many pick and pulls that have many decent cars that have not been picked over hard down by me in central Florida. I'm hitting it tomorrow and grabbing the front turn signals if I can get them off and the rear backup lights,door panels and trim if I can. plus the darn cruise control buttons I forgot to get in the first place for my 92 dodge Ram!

heck yeah gotta get my fix!

HAH! talk about grinning from ear to ear. I took my (14 yo) grandson with me on his FIRST junkyard trip yesterday. I got him so dirty you couldn't tell what color hair he had. trans fluid and dirt sure can mess up a kids hair. but it didn't seem to bother him at all. I made him crawl under the car and remove the speedo cable and gear, then remove the license plate light( whooee! 1st one I've seen not cloudy and broken) back into the car and remove the door panels so I can use them for patterns to mold new ones for my dart. then under the dash to get the glovebox hinges and screws and the defroster vent nuts, then the heater controls.
darn kid worked his butt off getting those pieces out and off for me. he had a great time and wants to visit us next year so he can do some yard hunting with me down in florida.. yehaa! another gearhead in the family!
darn kid just wouldn't stop grinning!:D

HAH! talk about grinning from ear to ear. I took my (14 yo) grandson with me on his FIRST junkyard trip yesterday. I got him so dirty you couldn't tell what color hair he had. trans fluid and dirt sure can mess up a kids hair. but it didn't seem to bother him at all. I made him crawl under the car and remove the speedo cable and gear, then remove the license plate light( whooee! 1st one I've seen not cloudy and broken) back into the car and remove the door panels so I can use them for patterns to mold new ones for my dart. then under the dash to get the glovebox hinges and screws and the defroster vent nuts, then the heater controls.
darn kid worked his butt off getting those pieces out and off for me. he had a great time and wants to visit us next year so he can do some yard hunting with me down in florida.. yehaa! another gearhead in the family!
darn kid just wouldn't stop grinning!:D

That is really cool...

Big score! Glad you got the tail lights. The bumpers look good also. How's the lower 1/4's and trunk extensions. That would be a couple of much needed pieces for many of us. tmm

Big score! Glad you got the tail lights. The bumpers look good also. How's the lower 1/4's and trunk extensions. That would be a couple of much needed pieces for many of us. tmm

I didn't get the rear bumper. front one was rusted through in a couple of places about 1/2 dollar size hole.
the rear bolts were rusted solid and I couldn't take the guy into cutting it off. dang it and I'm leaving sunday to head back home.
I did get the tails on the left side but the right side was horrible, there wasn't anything on the bottom of the passengers side tail lights. weird thing the tops looked good.
quarters and trunk extensions were bad or I'd have run over to my son inlaws house and got his battery operated sawzall to cut them out. the trunk pan was nice until they used a rim turned on edge to hold the car up @##@!$% idiots. if it's still there in august (hopefully) I'll pring my cuttin tools and get the rear bumper. I'm trying to get him to grab the rear bumper early for me so I can haul it back to Florida for re chroming since it's so straight.

the Grandson offered to hand saw it but I didn't have a hack saw with me and we only had another hour before it closed or I'd have him still there sawing away:glasses7: darn kid's great! now to finish up my friends 69 charger for tomorrow's downriver cruise!

That is really cool...

yeah I know, I've got 10 grandkids and they are as different as night and day. only 2 of the 4 girls are girly type girls. the other 2....well lets just say that they live to a different tune and are as comfortable in overalls and grease as they are in a designer dress. that drives their mothers to have fit's AND blame ME. (but I don't care) the boys are boys. 1 is going to college to get his gaming simulation degree, I didn't know they went over 7 years for a masters in simulation. (heck I didn't even know they had a degree for that stuff)
another one is going for vet school next year,but he does do cars just not for the joy of it. and 2 of em are going to be huge gearheads. the rest of them are to young for me to ahem "help down the path of THE gearhead".

1 girl(she's 8 years old ) 8) might since she's so much of a tom boy it ain't funny and is always crawling under the car with me when I work on em up here. heck I had her change the oil in my diesel truck and repacked the trailer bearings for the trip home when I sprained my back after an engine fell over in the garage and I grabbed it not thinking . so 4 gearheads out of 10 so far ain't too bad.

hahah I work right down the street and live the opposite way, surprised that was at TAS they had a decent 74 scamp once.... great score lets hope we don't get rained out all day tomorrow for the cruise

hahah I work right down the street and live the opposite way, surprised that was at TAS they had a decent 74 scamp once.... great score lets hope we don't get rained out all day tomorrow for the cruise

I hope it doesn't get rained out either.

I spent the last 3 days (other than the junkyard runs) putting the engine together for my friends charger. just finished breaking it in last night around midnight. I can't wait to see how it runs. I have to find out what cam he ordered but it's a 30 over 440 engine and it runs really nice. with a small lope in the idle. cam's degree'd in and carbs are right finally NO BOG now I love it. I can be in second gear and hit it and the charger will roast the tires 245-15's radials.
I want to try out some drag radials but haven't found any that he likes. one of these days we are going to take it to the strip just to see how it does.

next up for August I'll be working on his 65 Plymouth, redoing the heads(or finding out if it's ruined from the last overheat session he had) darn thing hit 240 on the mechanical gauge before he got it over to the side of the road and shut down Grrrr. And adding a new 3 core aluminum radiator and shroud. no more overheating on the dream cruise for him:cheers: grandson wants to help, Guess who's lifting those heavy a$$ heads. (hint it ain't me!)

Nice find! Heck, I'd just like to find a yard around here that still lets you walk around and search for stuff...

Nice find! Heck, I'd just like to find a yard around here that still lets you walk around and search for stuff...

yeah I just had to drive 1200 miles to find one:glasses7:.. it's hard to find a good one down in my neck of the woods in central florida that won't charge you an arm and a leg for parts or even let you do a walk through.. I scored on my last trip up here some 97-8 sebring seats(both buckets and rear seats from a convertible) for my dart and it cost less than 100.00 bucks 25 per seat and 15 for the electronics. just the front seat (1) in the Florida area would have cost me 100.00 , so every time I come up to see the kids I go junk yard hopping. it's been a good visit every time I have done it. but this time was GREAT since I got to get a lot of good 66 dart parts!

Good parts haul. 66 's in junkyard's,rare anymore.
thanks
I've got my son-in-law going down for me Monday morning to grab the rear bumper so I can haul it home when I come back up in august to finish up the 65 I'm working on for a friend.

I've got a line on another 66 dart and a 66-7 A100 pickup style sitting in a yard near my home in florida from a guy up here of all things. He said that the older guy that owns the yard is hard to get in contact with but if you do you can usually score some much needed parts he said they are pretty rusty but have a lot of usable parts left on em. so I'll try when I get home.

-
Back