screen the valley

-

Ironmike

Reaction score
I would like to screen my valley to prevent windage from covering the bottom of my intake. Running direct oil roller lifters and it's excessive. Just need to cover the 3 oval shaped holes in the center.

Wondering what kind of screen to buy and what epoxy. Anyone done this?

IM
Its not clear what you are trying to achieve.
I understand the words, but not their underlying meaning.
Is it possible that your roller lifters are coming up too high and the oil holes are becoming exposed, only to spew oil everwhere?In which case that has to be addressed!
Or is the top-end over-oiling?
Or other; such as You are trying to keep hot oil off the underside of the intake.Period.
I wonder if a better question might be" why is there so much oil flying around in my valley?"And the biggest question of all;how did you arrive at this conclusion?

use a moroso lifter valley baffle, to keep hot oil of the intake. screens are used to keep top end debris from going into the oil pan

Hey, Ironmike, I don't think you'll be able to use a lifter valley baffle plate with your roller lifters.
The Milodon (Summit PN MIL-32620) specifically states "except for roller cams", and the Moroso (Summit PN MOR-25150) has a note stating "Will not fit engines with solid roller lifters". I believe hydraulic roller lifters would fall under the same.
I used the Moroso baffle on my old 340 years ago with a flat tappet cam and it worked great. Remembering back, I suppose you could use one of these baffles with roller lifters if you trimmed away the pushrod hole areas on the "wings" so there was enough clearance for the roller lifters and their tie bars. The baffle should fit tight enough to accurately locate front to rear.
Good luck. A baffle will definitely work better than screening to keep hot oil off of the bottom of your intake.

I'm just starting a 340 stroker build and plan to epoxy aluminum plates in the valley to cut out windage & keep hot oil off the intake. Running a solid roller. Also gonna smooth the valley & add oil return holes.The July issue of Mopar Muscle mag. shows one done with the plates if you care to check out a copy. Mine's gonna be a drag only motor.

Thanks guys! Just want to keep excess oil off my intake. I'll definitely check out the magazine article.

Feel a little uneasy "glueing" something internally, but I know it's been done.....

-
Back