Screw a Lil Red Express, I need this!

-

PanGasket

has cork sides
Reaction score
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/3914304251.html

I've only heard stories about them. I never knew they really existed. So cool. I'd trade my left arm and nut for this truck and use my unborn first child to make up the rest of the difference to have this truck. This has to be the coolest W-series pickup or even D-series that I have ever laid eyes on:glasses7:

Where in hell would you get parts for the engine?

That's weird, but cool. Value probably isn't as much as a red express though.

Just when you thought all of the oddball 70s stuff had already crawled from the woodwork...

I seen a step side version on eBay years ago. Much less than 5200 then.

Where in hell would you get parts for the engine?

I don't know about that particular engine, but industrial and diesels have a better track record than automotive of parts longivity.

But this rarity to me doesn't make it "desirable." Those aren't factory turbo'd and aren't all that much on power. Those are only 4 liter rated at a little over a hundred hp. A slant would probably run circles around 'em for power, and of course their "rarity" speaks for itself---there's a good reason not many are around............

nodambody WANTED 'em, LOL

Probably in the same league as that little VW diesel "pick up" of yesteryear in terms of power....

I saw a factory turbocharged version - it was a utility body cab/chassis in a wrecking yard in western RI. It was cool but I have to believe fairly underpowered for something that heavy.

I'd trade my left arm and nut for this truck and use my unborn first child to make up the rest of the difference to have this truck.

Mike, you value all of that stuff at $5,200??? :wack:
You're too cheap man!
C

Why not have the best of both worlds and build a Little Red Diesel? That's what my neighbor is doing. He has two original Little Red trucks but wanted something different. Bought a real clean '93 Cummins truck, switched the front clip and doors to a '78, sold the bed and bought a stepside bed, is working on shortening up the frame, is converting it from a dually to a single wheel, and plans on running original stacks for it. Has all the modern conveniences of the newer truck, parts are readily available, and will look pretty cool rolling down the road.

Why not have the best of both worlds and build a Little Red Diesel? That's what my neighbor is doing. He has two original Little Red trucks but wanted something different. Bought a real clean '93 Cummins truck, switched the front clip and doors to a '78, sold the bed and bought a stepside bed, is working on shortening up the frame, is converting it from a dually to a single wheel, and plans on running original stacks for it. Has all the modern conveniences of the newer truck, parts are readily available, and will look pretty cool rolling down the road.

[ame]http://youtu.be/ArkzSPOGNPs[/ame]

You mean something like this? Sorry, I only took one pic. It was at the Father's Day Show in Columbia, MO this year. Very nicely done.
Dallas

Attachments

• IMG_9663.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 225
-
Back