Seal from what ???

-

Tribute SS/A 68

Reaction score
I have a 11" front disk brake conv, for my 68 cuda, the seal has a protruding lip that goes into the dust cover, I need another seal, cannot seem to figure out what this came from, bought this set new but 2nd hand, so no info at all.
Anybody know, I have looked at 73's with no luck.

well im no brake expert but i have dune alot of brakes in my time and i have never seen a seal go in the dust cap side.unless its sum thing after market.my 2cents worth.

I goes into the "dust pan" ? that bolts to the spindle, the seal on the rear of the disk, seals the hub, but then also has a protruding lip 1/4" that extends into the pie pan looking part on the spindle.....

I worked for many years in Chrysler parts departments and I have seen seals with an extra lip or "slinger" designed to discard (centifugal force) or block contaminants from the sealing surface. Often, aftermarket manufacturers will eliminate this from the replacement design to lower cost. Sound plausible?

OK now i know what your talking about.that helps keep dirt out it goes back into spindel. alot of new seals dont have that any more unless the dealer still has them.(i take that pan off it semes like the brakes run cooler&rocks wont get traped in them & it doset blow as much brake dust out on wheels) i hope i anserd your ??? im shour someone els could tell ya more a bout it.

Yes, this one is new, and, I would like to get one,
But do not know what years models this seal is from, the kit was 73 to 76 ? Spindles appear to be from 73 or 74 Duster, but when I look up seals for these I do not see the extra lip, and of course my bent one has no part #. wonderful ! So Maybe your right that none are available, and this kit is a few years old, so I just buy a 74 duster seal and go on !

-
Back